Meze Audio Empyrean Measurements
Nov 28, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #61 of 73
ya but, not sure how I would feel plugging these high priced things into a dx-120 or dx-90. Maybe into my Kann. Pretty sure they would move me into tube amps and such other higher end gear. Not to mention the cables. Oh I can feel my wallet getting lighter just from the thought.

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #62 of 73
Pretty sure this is a "if you have to ask..." questions but what would be ideal to plug these $3000 headphones into?

I think scaling is an unknown with these headphones at the moment, it could be that they sound amazing from any source with only very subtle improvements from equally expensive gear.

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #63 of 73
I guess I can't say too much against hi priced equipment though, I did jump on the A&K holiday specials and order the AK-T1p headphones at a nice $500 discount off their $1200 tag. Waiting for them to show up.

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #64 of 73
Received mine today. Came well packed in a nice case. Not waterproof like an audeze, but looks and feels a little more professional.

57566B36-3E16-4046-85DC-BF3B0BAF7FCE.jpeg
630CF189-FEA1-47F6-98DC-BC83B33DCF0D.jpeg

Also came with two sets of earpads. They go on magnetically like focal utopia’s.

I’ve been listening to them nonstop, through several amps and DACs both expensive, and value oriented; Auris Hedonia, Hugo 2, Woo Fireflies, Massdrop THX AAA, even a shanling M0.

They are easy to drive and sound very good with any amp. Also scale well, though not as well as the Utopia’s or LCD’s.

I’ll have a lot more to say after the weekend, and a lot more listening.

At the very least, I can say without hesitation that the Empyerean’s connected to the Auris Hedonia is the best LOOKING pairing I’ve seen in a long time. These Eastern European manufacturers have some of the best designs on the market.

8E2B16A9-C8F5-426E-8220-52EE56C35784.jpeg

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #65 of 73
These headphones are quite possibly the best sounding headphones I've heard. First thing I had noticed when opening up the case and laying eyes on these was the CNC machined parts are absolutely stunning! I can imagine the detail required to make these pieces. Truly some wonderful craftsmanship. I opted to get the 8ft XLR cable that was optional and glad I did. It improves the sound a bit and also looks great! These cans pair well with all my systems. The distortion is extremely low and pretty apparent when listening. They are officially my favorite pair of headphones in my collection. :D

Dec 4, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #66 of 73
These headphones are quite possibly the best sounding headphones I've heard. First thing I had noticed when opening up the case and laying eyes on these was the CNC machined parts are absolutely stunning! I can imagine the detail required to make these pieces. Truly some wonderful craftsmanship. I opted to get the 8ft XLR cable that was optional and glad I did. It improves the sound a bit and also looks great! These cans pair well with all my systems. The distortion is extremely low and pretty apparent when listening. They are officially my favorite pair of headphones in my collection. :D
I agree Tim! I received my pair last week and have been overwhelmingly pleased with every aspect of their sound quality, build quality, comfort and presentation.Truly a top tier headphone and a bargain when compared to competitor pricing (Utopia, LCD-4, Abyss, etc.). The pride of ownership is huge on the Empyreans with their jewel-like build quality. Even the aluminum attache-like case is the best I have seen and functional as well. My DAVE directly drives them effortlessly. Game changing headphones!

Dec 5, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #70 of 73
Yes, please post impressions and reviews in the thread that already has impressions and reviews - the official Empyrean thread.
And keep this "measurements" thread for posts relating to measurements. The clue is in the title :)

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #71 of 73
Please can someone say what if any, the cable noise is like with the Meze stock single ended cable?

Please also, what is sound isolation like. I understand the Empyrean is open back, but are they totally open sounding or a little isolating?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #72 of 73
I am due a set of these soon...

Will report findings..

Jan 12, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #73 of 73
I need eq on all systems. (I have some hearing loss and know how to tweak parametric eq until my benchmark tracks sound as they should)

I use a Weiss 501 DAC - Qobuz - Roon

These sound great.

I got happiest with sub bass settings using the seude earpads. They allowed more "accuracy" than the leather earpads. But that's my personal taste.

Great headband mechanism / so v comfortabe.

Partner thinks they look rediculous - but who cares about that?!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back