MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Jun 28, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #2,446 of 5,566
Btw you can ask Meze to make a specific cable for you. The one I just received is a 3 meters long with a 4.4 termination.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #2,447 of 5,566
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not a big fan of adapters unless they use the same cable composition as the cable they are attached to. I suppose the ultra-short adapters that don't have any cabling at all should be safe though. I found a much cheaper option called the "DD ddHiFi DJ65B 6.35mm Male to 4.4mm Female Adapter" that is only $39.99. Does anyone have any experience with this one?

I'd really prefer to trade for the original 6.35mm Meze silver cable though because it is longer than the 4.4mm version. I think they assume someone using the balanced 4.4mm cable will be using it in a portable situation where a longer cable would get in the way.
I have a DDHiFi Adapter:

https://oidiosound.co.uk/ready-made-cables/stock-cables/dd-xlr44b

There really isn't much to it. Rather just a simple Neutrik adapter.

Sounds great to my ears.

I'm sure the other one you found will be fine as well.

Cheers

Jun 28, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #2,448 of 5,566
The Elite I have on the way to me comes with the upgraded Meze Silver PCUHD cable. Unfortunately, it has a 4.4mm balanced connector and all my amps are single-ended. I'm going to post a "Want to Trade" listing in the classifieds to see if anyone has a 6.35mm version they might want to swap for my 4.4mm. Otherwise, I'll start looking for a quality adapter or just sell the 4.4mm cable and buy an alternative.

Let me know if any of you might be interested in a trade.
If you’re in Europe i’d consider a trade

Jun 28, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #2,449 of 5,566
Jun 28, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #2,450 of 5,566
Personally I prefer direct Dave because it amaze me how clean every notes, combine the fluid sensation that may become less when paired with external amp. However, Dave alone is a little too dry for my preference, especially coming from TT2. So i truly understand if you want to infuse more "soul" by paired with Ferrum stack.
For the day or 2 i've had the OOR i couldn't detect much detail loss, but a lot of improvements And this was with Dave in Dac mode, it's SNR is 3-4 DB better with Dave as pre + OOR as amp only. That said , I'm really not looking to add any coloration , I love Dave's tonality, and if I could keep it 100% unchanged, while getting all the benefits of the OOR, I would. It's the bigger soundstage and better separation I miss most, not to mention the bass impact. I found the staging better than on the Burson GT btw.
It looks like what might do that is a Zahl Hm1 (Though the OOR actually has a lower THD) , but it seems overkill, they're all sold out, and I have other priorities this year. Maybe they'll make a more consumer version next year .

Edit: apparently the SNR is actually worse with Dave in pre mode,

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #2,452 of 5,566
Dark Mystery Chameleon 🦇
Meze-Elite-Chameleon-4.jpeg

Jun 29, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #2,454 of 5,566
God damn it, when did this become a thing lol
I did notice one picture on shops website where they have this shiny finish on like the Dark Mystery, but the rest of the pictures don't have this and are just having a matte black finish. Was just checking the website again and they did take this picture off now. So I don't think this is a thing actually :wink:

Should be able to confirm myself soon though!

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #2,455 of 5,566
God damn it, when did this become a thing lol
It's a mistake. Headphone.shop had it on their Chameleon Elite, I emailed them yesterday to confirm and since then it's been updated and removed. Because let's face it, many of us (including myself) would easily go for this over one or the other. Had to share though, it's too sexy not to. 🦇

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #2,456 of 5,566
Has somebody compared the 2 PCUHD cables (copper vs silver plated) with the Elite ? What are the pros / cons of each ? Is it worth it to have them both ?

Jun 29, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #2,457 of 5,566
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not a big fan of adapters unless they use the same cable composition as the cable they are attached to. I suppose the ultra-short adapters that don't have any cabling at all should be safe though. I found a much cheaper option called the "DD ddHiFi DJ65B 6.35mm Male to 4.4mm Female Adapter" that is only $39.99. Does anyone have any experience with this one?

I'd really prefer to trade for the original 6.35mm Meze silver cable though because it is longer than the 4.4mm version. I think they assume someone using the balanced 4.4mm cable will be using it in a portable situation where a longer cable would get in the way.

1656522806102.png

If you need a longer 4.4mm, please drop an email to support@mezeaudio.com and specify the lengh of your custom length cable.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 29, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #2,458 of 5,566
It's a mistake. Headphone.shop had it on their Chameleon Elite, I emailed them yesterday to confirm and since then it's been updated and removed. Because let's face it, many of us (including myself) would easily go for this over one or the other. Had to share though, it's too sexy not to. 🦇
To be honest it was a bit too much for my tastes, but there is definitely a What factor.

Jun 29, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #2,459 of 5,566

If you need a longer 4.4mm, please drop an email to support@mezeaudio.com and specify the lengh of your custom length cable.
I don't actually need a 4.4mm cable at all. It just happened to come with the Elite I got from another member here. I only have single-ended amps, so I’d really like to trade my 4.4mm cable for a 6.35mm version. I also need the extra length (2.5m) of the 6.35mm versus the 4.4mm (1.3m).

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #2,460 of 5,566
I don't actually need a 4.4mm cable at all. It just happened to come with the Elite I got from another member here. I only have single-ended amps, so I’d really like to trade my 4.4mm cable for a 6.35mm version. I also need the extra length (2.5m) of the 6.35mm versus the 4.4mm (1.2m).
Since you mentioned "I'd really prefer to trade for the original 6.35mm Meze silver cable though because it is longer than the 4.4mm version. I think they assume someone using the balanced 4.4mm cable will be using it in a portable situation where a longer cable would get in the way", so I explained that there is an option to acquire longer 4.4mm cables.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back