MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 7, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #317 of 5,587
I have listened extensively to the D8000Pro and I was offered a great price but it didn't click for me.
Amazing as I sit here listening with the D8000 Pros with a big smile on my face!

For sure we all hear differently and we all are "Right" for each other...if you can afford a $4000 headphone and it floats your boat...they dang it sail away man...dont waste time trying to justify what you like to any other person out there....

Enjoy the music "while you can!!"...its not going to last forever!!

Alex

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #318 of 5,587
I have listened extensively to the D8000Pro and I was offered a great price but it didn't click for me.
It clicked for others. I am in a lucky position that I will be able to find this out for myself within a few days or weeks. :)

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #319 of 5,587
Wonderful looking headphone and the response 'looks' quite musical.

But then I think of the wonderful turntable or amplifier $4000 would buy me. Things do need to be put in perspective sometimes.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #321 of 5,587
It clicked for others. I am in a lucky position that I will be able to find this out for myself within a few days or weeks. :)
Same here, my D8K Pro's will be here in a couple of days and I cant wait!

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #322 of 5,587
Of course, it's Meze!
Pre ordered the Limited Edition.

Unfortunately it will take at least 4 weeks till I can expect to receive it.

They start painting those in mid September, however I am at least in the first batch of recipients

PS: that means I will own all meze flagships simultaneously. Empyrean, Elite and Rai Penta. They just hit the sweetspot for me
Now that you are a true Meze fan, you should start learning the Romanian language.
PM for lessons. :xf_cool:

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #323 of 5,587
Now that you are a true Meze fan, you should start learning the Romanian language.
Following this logic I am kind of worried if I will like the D8000 although I know arigato and I can count from 1 to 10 in Japanese. :)

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #324 of 5,587
Maybe I should, my DAC and Server come from Romania as well.
Certainly a great origin for Hifi gear

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #325 of 5,587
(Romanian is suprisingly readable if you know other latin-based languages. I wouldn't know how to pronounce anything, but I've been surprised at how much I can understand from just looking at some romanian articles!)

Sep 7, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #326 of 5,587
Interested to hear your comparisons!

Sep 7, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #327 of 5,587
I had the Empys for months and liked them pretty much..but after the D8000's Pro "flavor" it was a no brainer for "ME"....just too warm.
I think the Elites are trying to make this less warm, full etc....so maybe this is the magic formula for Meze.
They make the most comfortable headphones I have ever tired...but its all about the sound first for me...
Do you think D8000 have a lot of “flavor”? To be clear. I don’t own them but from my time with them they seemed somewhat on the neutral side. Perhaps mids weren’t as flashed out as I like but overall, I thought they were pretty balanced from top to bottom.

Sep 7, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #328 of 5,587
Do you think D8000 have a lot of “flavor”? To be clear. I don’t own them but from my time with them they seemed somewhat on the neutral side. Perhaps mids weren’t as flashed out as I like but overall, I thought they were pretty balanced from top to bottom.
When I used "flavor" describing the D8000's it was meant to state "its what the D8000's" actually "are"...not that they add any sort of "additive" to the actual sound. I actually belive they are indeed very neutral and accurate, light saber resolving...things sound realistic...only if the recording was done very well...the ole garbage in garbage out...

I spend hours listening with them and smile alot...they present music so lifelike. They allow me to here differences in the chain....

I dont want to take away anything that the new Elites bring to the table, I think from what I have read they have gone in the direction of my preference and I look forward to
trying one someday.

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #329 of 5,587
When I used "flavor" describing the D8000's it was meant to state "its what the D8000's" actually "are"...not that they add any sort of "additive" to the actual sound. I actually belive they are indeed very neutral and accurate, light saber resolving...things sound realistic...only if the recording was done very well...the ole garbage in garbage out...

I spend hours listening with them and smile alot...they present music so lifelike. They allow me to here differences in the chain....

I dont want to take away anything that the new Elites bring to the table, I think from what I have read they have gone in the direction of my preference and I look forward to
trying one someday.
Totally agree. One of my favorite headphones. And build like a tank.

I dont want to take away anything that the new Elites bring to the table, I think from what I have read they have gone in the direction of my preference
Seems like it. I think that would be a welcomed direction by many. Eventho I kind of liked fun part of OG Empys. Certainly not a HP I would use to paint clear picture what is actually going on in the recording but fun nevertheless.

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #330 of 5,587
Seems like it. I think that would be a welcomed direction by many. Eventho I kind of liked fun part of OG Empys. Certainly not a HP I would use to paint clear picture what is actually going on in the recording but fun nevertheless.
Yes my Empys were tons of fun...but when it got to serious show me it all listening I wanted something with more accurate bass, excellent mids and non sibiliant reproduction of the upper freq's the Finals bring this to the forefront in spades..

And they are built very, very well...the transient repsonse will make you jump if your not careful with the volume!! The new Empy Elites are touted as having a better improved transient response!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back