MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 5, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #197 of 5,587
@ThanatosVI
My review is for hxosplus printed edition but I will do my best to post one here.

Anyway with the new pads the Elite soundstage is wider and more extended.
But the main difference lies in the phenomenal instrument separation, not only individually but as well organized groups inside for example in a symphony orchestra.
The depth is much deeper and the holography is outstanding.
Compared the Empyrean sounds congested.

Treble is smoother, the Empyrean could exhibit some kind of harshness with certain tracks.
But tonality is one part of the equation.
The other is refinement and articulation and oh boy this new one shines.

It is probably clear that in contrast with other opinions stated here I do think that this is an Empyrean kind of enjoyment , improvement and refined in critical points.

Empyrean is still the most fun sounding but not the most natural.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #199 of 5,587
@ThanatosVI
My review is for hxosplus printed edition but I will do my best to post one here.

But the main difference lies in the phenomenal instrument separation, not only individually but as well organized groups inside for example in a symphony orchestra.

Treble is smoother, the Empyrean could exhibit some kind of harshness with certain tracks.

It is probably clear that in contrast with other opinions stated here I do think that this is an Empyrean kind of enjoyment , improvement and refined in critical points.

I guess I know where this is heading for me... maybe the Empyrean isn't the one Who has to worry about its Spot in my collection.... thank you for the impressions
I bet that Meze will sell the new pads to Empyrean owners.
And if not , then they should definitely do.
Makes the Empyrean more versatile than before and a hell of a value flagship.
Of course they do, you can order replacement pads as you please no matter if you actually own the headphones. Shops will likely just need a little time to update.

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #200 of 5,587
@ThanatosVI

I hope I agree with your impressions, because that is exactly what I want out of the Elite.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #202 of 5,587
I bet that Meze will sell the new pads to Empyrean owners.
And if not , then they should definitely do.
Makes the Empyrean more versatile than before and a hell of a value flagship.

Music to my ears. I imagine bass is a bit leaner/more aggressive and treble a bit more sparkly with the shallower pads with a bit more details but that's just a hunch from my experience with diff pads on VC. Would love to hear more from you though hehehe.

Look forward to more Elite impressions too!

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #203 of 5,587
Long story short.

Absolute audiophile tuning with the most immersive and natural tuning, as close as it gets to reality (for my taste) and a high end speaker system then the Elite.
A must for classical music listening, jazz and other acoustical genres.

Fun and and more colored sound with extra bass boost without sacrificing technicalities and clarity then the Empyrean.
Most preferable for more modern and contemporary stuff or to add some warmth to not so well recorded stuff.

Of course I might be generalizing but you get the point, I guess.

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #204 of 5,587
Music to my ears. I imagine bass is a bit leaner/more aggressive and treble a bit more sparkly with the shallower pads with a bit more details but that's just a hunch from my experience with diff pads on VC. Would love to hear more from you though hehehe.

Look forward to more Elite impressions too!
Exactly, the new pads add (to the Empyrean) some extra clarity and definition to the bass that still sits boosted but on a diet!

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #206 of 5,587
Let me tell you a story.

Yesterday was home alone and I was listening to my two channel system with the Audiophysic Step 35 in my small and fully treated room.

Audiophysic maybe not well known to the other part of the Atlantic but they make very high end stuff.

Later at night I switched to the Elite still using the Denafrips Venus II adding a Flux FA-12 to the system.

Listening to the same material and it felt like still listening with my speakers...

Sep 5, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #209 of 5,587
Why was the impressions thread closed?

It's quite confusing, there's some stuff on the Empyrean thread, some stuff on the old elite thread and some here. And we're all obv eager for reviews and impressions 🙃

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mez...eadphone-official-thread.959445/post-16540944

Yeah the bloom audio review said Empy's treble was smoother and soundstage bigger. Interesting.
Bloom's video review is just wrong about that. Instead read Bloom's written review on their website, or the Headfonia review. I've had my Elite since Sept. 2. Compared to the Empyrean, the Elite has smoother, more neutral treble, without the Empy's treble peak. Detail & soundstage are much improved in the Elite. I'm loving mine; no regrets about the purchase.

Sep 5, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #210 of 5,587
Bloom's video review is just wrong about that. Instead read Bloom's written review on their website, or the Headfonia review. I've had my Elite since Sept. 2. Compared to the Empyrean, the Elite has smoother, more neutral treble, without the Empy's treble peak. Detail & soundstage are much improved in the Elite. I'm loving mine; no regrets about the purchase.
Oh wow this is what I was looking for. Loved the sound of the Empyrean but it had an unusual treble peak for me that was bothersome. Oluv’s gadgets noted the same thing in his review. Yet weirdly can’t spot it on an Empy frequency graph.

Glad to hear the Elite seems to fix this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back