MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 4, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #152 of 5,587
Yeah, I guess that this is going to be an interesting weekend!
IMG_20210904_185131.jpg

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #153 of 5,587
IMG_20210904_185131.jpg
Lucky you. :)
Looking forward to your impressions. Make sure you swap all those pads around. :) I am interested how the 'OG' Empy sounds with the hybrid pads and how the Elite sounds with the full leather pads. Cheers. :beerchug:

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #154 of 5,587
IMG_20210904_185131.jpg
The two best looking headphones.
Timeless Design.

You use the copper upgrade cable as I see.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #157 of 5,587
I am very much enjoying the current arrival of initial impressions from several users!
A quick comfort question: for those who mentioned their ears touching the drivers, is it distracting? (I don't have the smallest ears)

I was thinking of getting Empyreans a few days ago, and am currently trying to see if I should bite the bullet and get an Elite instead. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a local dealer in my country with the Elite even listed yet. I heard about the hp.shop German website offering the "dark mystery" edition, but am a little worried about both the lack of mention in the official Meze site, and the lack of terms & conditions in the shop site. Well, otherwise, there's still the official Meze shop...

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #158 of 5,587
I am very much enjoying the current arrival of initial impressions from several users!
A quick comfort question: for those who mentioned their ears touching the drivers, is it distracting? (I don't have the smallest ears)

I was thinking of getting Empyreans a few days ago, and am currently trying to see if I should bite the bullet and get an Elite instead. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a local dealer in my country with the Elite even listed yet. I heard about the hp.shop German website offering the "dark mystery" edition, but am a little worried about both the lack of mention in the official Meze site, and the lack of terms & conditions in the shop site. Well, otherwise, there's still the official Meze shop...
I have bigger ears and mine don’t touch the drivers. They do occasionally in the Diana V2.

Sep 4, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #160 of 5,587

Haven't listened since last night, but coming from an Empyrean, it was noticeable for me. One thing I really enjoy about the Empyreans is that I feel like my ears hang out there in space. I suspect the diminished distance between my ears and the driver contributes to the mids being a bit more present. Haven't listened long enough to determine any potential impact on staging and/or imaging.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #161 of 5,587
A few people got upset about the less than positive reports on the Elite and reported the thread to the mods to close so that the threads could be consolidated. I still don't think sponsor announcements is the best place though.

One of the moderators did what some of the members in the thread were asking for -- I don't know if it was as much reported as it was requested and posted-about right in that thread. I've asked the moderators to review it, and to look at maybe re-opening it or merging.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #162 of 5,587
One of the moderators did what some of the members in the thread were asking for -- I don't know if it was as much reported as it was requested and posted about right in that thread. I've asked the moderators to review it, and to look at maybe re-opening it or merging.
Thanks Jude. Hopefully you guys can combine the impressions to a thread outside of the sponsor announcement section.

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #163 of 5,587
One of the moderators did what some of the members in the thread were asking for -- I don't know if it was as much reported as it was requested and posted about right in that thread. I've asked the moderators to review it, and to look at maybe re-opening it or merging.
To me merge would be better.

By the way that old thread is pretty much moved to this anyways.

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #164 of 5,587
As for my impressions of the Elite: We shot a video about the Elite, and will be posting that video probably Monday or Tuesday. I'm actually working on the measurements now.

I'll say this: While I much prefer the Empyrean with the Alcantara earpads, I much prefer the Elite with the hybrid (leather/Alcantara) ones.

I'm not trying to be vague, I just need to finish these measurements so they can be edited into the video.

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #165 of 5,587
As for my impressions of the Elite: We shot a video about the Elite, and will be posting that video probably Monday or Tuesday. I'm actually working on the measurements now.

I'll say this: While I much prefer the Empyrean with the Alcantara earpads, I much prefer the Elite with the hybrid (leather/Alcantara) ones.

I'm not trying to be vague, I just need to finish these measurements so they can be edited into the video.
While you're at it, can you measure the Elite with the Empyrean Leather pads as well please?
And in the comparison Charts please add the Empyrean (Which you will do anyways I guess)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back