Meze Audio 109 Pro
Apr 15, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #3,436 of 3,449
The new Dekoni earpads are now available. Anybody going to buy for their 109. Which ones? I don’t see any graphs or measurements of these pads though and normally I do see them provided?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #3,438 of 3,449
Bought a cable with very similar outside material to the one you show however much cheaper and plain black, the microphonics on it were terrible, whenever it touched any of my clothes it made a horrible sound. Could not cope with it so ended up buying a cheap one from aliexpress which works great.
A simple copper wound cable is great. It's true that the microphonics are quite disturbing with outside material like the one pictured. In my experience as well, the material often twisted on the cable making me wonder about its durability. Plain, simple metal is better.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #3,439 of 3,449
Let’s hope they will provide measurements in the near future. Two models and no graphs? Strange decision…
Unfortunately I've had many more misses than hits with third party pads, and also have had past issues with returning pads to Dekoni. Although graphs don't tell the full story, I'm interested in what the fenestrated pads might bring to the table with all the treble horror stories I've heard about the 109. I'm set to receive my pair of 109's tomorrow, open box, and am really curious about the timbre and the treble.

Anyone else using hybrid or fenestrated pads for the 109 out there?

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #3,442 of 3,449
The fenestrated ones seem to have the same sound profile as the originals, adding some more isolation to the equation… at least on paper. The others give the 109 Pro a more V-shaped sound, adding more bass and highs… It seems a little risky here, but who knows?
What do you think about those deviations in the mids--possibly a plus or minus based on your listening impressions? I'm set to receive my 109's today.

1713281289046.png

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #3,443 of 3,449
What do you think about those deviations in the mids--possibly a plus or minus based on your listening impressions? I'm set to receive my 109's today.

1713281289046.png
I really think the sound profile of the 109pro is very natural and lively as it is, so my recommendation is to enjoy the headphones with the stock pads. They are one of the best and most articulate headphones under $1000 on the market, so there’s nothing important to change here. This upper mid elevation can drastically change their profile, but without listening to the pads, it’s only my guess.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #3,444 of 3,449

1713281289046.png
I strongly suggest you to give them 150 hours of auditioning before thinking of anything else.

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #3,445 of 3,449
Hey all, I've just picked up a pair of 109s. Overall, great headphone. At 44 my hearing drops off at around 14200. So just before the treble peak. As a result these are actually are warmer sounding headphone for me.

They remind me of the ZMF Aeolus as a result. Sit back on a comfy leather armchair with a whiskey and get lost in the music, the middle aged mans way 😂

For anyone not happy with the sound signature, I wanted to mention the Oratory1990 EQ (I use it from the AutoEQ list in Peace On Windows). It's a nice improvement. Not all dynamic drivers EQ well, but the 109 does. Worth trying before shelling out on earpads for frequency adjustments.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #3,447 of 3,449
Sup people, recently my dad got a pair of 109s and got to play with them for a while, this are really excellent pair of cans and they're pretty much trading blows with my two top cans, my Focal Clears with dekoni velour pads and my Audeze LCD2Cs heavily EQ so that it doesn't sound very wonky(also doing some EQ on the Clears to bring them to their max), so far the only thing that I felt was missing from these cans was a little bit of bass impact, it's surprisingly extended(specially for a DD) but it lacks the punch and viscerality of my Clears, anyways, what I did add was a low shelf at 85hz by 3db to bring the bass impact a little more, wondering if you could recommend other adjustments that you generally find that it helps to bring to their maximum potential this cans. As an aside, I don't find the treble too hot on this pair of cans, of course that compare to my DT 880s which I find them pleasant generally but a little bit dry in some areas, I'm just looking like a couple of adjustments and what are your recommendations.

Thanks!!!!

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #3,448 of 3,449
Sup people, recently my dad got a pair of 109s and got to play with them for a while, this are really excellent pair of cans and they're pretty much trading blows with my two top cans, my Focal Clears with dekoni velour pads and my Audeze LCD2Cs heavily EQ so that it doesn't sound very wonky(also doing some EQ on the Clears to bring them to their max), so far the only thing that I felt was missing from these cans was a little bit of bass impact, it's surprisingly extended(specially for a DD) but it lacks the punch and viscerality of my Clears, anyways, what I did add was a low shelf at 85hz by 3db to bring the bass impact a little more, wondering if you could recommend other adjustments that you generally find that it helps to bring to their maximum potential this cans. As an aside, I don't find the treble too hot on this pair of cans, of course that compare to my DT 880s which I find them pleasant generally but a little bit dry in some areas, I'm just looking like a couple of adjustments and what are your recommendations.

Thanks!!!!
Bro if you love the 109s you should find a way to get He1000 Stealths. Thats like the Planar version of 109s to me ear with like a 25% bump in all the areas. That said they are about twice as expensive so if one's budget can't get there I'd absolutely recommend Meze 109s. The 109s comfort is crazy good though, even slightly better than HeK which are super comfy in their own right.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #3,449 of 3,449
Bro if you love the 109s you should find a way to get He1000 Stealths. Thats like the Planar version of 109s to me ear with like a 25% bump in all the areas. That said they are about twice as expensive so if one's budget can't get there I'd absolutely recommend Meze 109s. The 109s comfort is crazy good though, even slightly better than HeK which are super comfy in their own right.
Sup Mr. Slacking.

Yep I'm liking a lot the 109, also have the HE400SE which I don't find to hot on the treble, so both the Arya organics and the HEKS are on my radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back