Meze Audio’s newest single-DD IEM - ADVAR
Jun 3, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #183 of 507
Can you make a brief comparison with IE600?
IE600 definitely has insane bass but the Advar to me felt a bit more controlled. Mids were just better on the Advar as well. Lush and thicker sounding while still having enough edge and bite in the upper-mids. The IE600 does perform really well with female vocals though. Treble is really up to you If you like it presented more forward or a bit more laid back. The IE600 is the brighter of the two.

Jun 3, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #184 of 507
Can you make a brief comparison with IE600?
IE600 much brighter to me, ADVAR more of a balanced sound. Bass department, IE600 more subbass focused while the ADVAR is a bit less aggressive, but has great mid bass, quite fast (for a DD) and punchy. Both are pretty good at vocals but do it completely different in my opinion, again the ADVAR timbre just sounding a touch more natural to me. Certain male vocals on the IE600 just sound very thin to me, but female vocals are quite stunning, though sometimes crosses the line of being too much. IE600 gives off the impression that it has great technicalities thanks to its treble presentation whereas the ADVAR's a much smoother sound that some might consider more musical. Wouldn't call it too relaxed or too exciting, just strikes a nice balance for my taste anyway. They're both quite different monitors!

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #185 of 507
IE600 definitely has insane bass but the Advar to me felt a bit more controlled. Mids were just better on the Advar as well. Lush and thicker sounding while still having enough edge and bite in the upper-mids. The IE600 does perform really well with female vocals though. Treble is really up to you If you like it presented more forward or a bit more laid back. The IE600 is the brighter of the two.
IE600 much brighter to me, ADVAR more of a balanced sound. Bass department, IE600 more subbass focused while the ADVAR is a bit less aggressive, but has great mid bass, quite fast (for a DD) and punchy. Both are pretty good at vocals but do it completely different in my opinion, again the ADVAR timbre just sounding a touch more natural to me. Certain male vocals on the IE600 just sound very thin to me, but female vocals are quite stunning, though sometimes crosses the line of being too much. IE600 gives off the impression that it has great technicalities thanks to its treble presentation whereas the ADVAR's a much smoother sound that some might consider more musical. Wouldn't call it too relaxed or too exciting, just strikes a nice balance for my taste anyway. They're both quite different monitors!
Thanks, definitely I'll have to try the ADVAR.
I found IE600 very enjoyable.

Jun 4, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #186 of 507
Advar South Africa Tour has commenced...

AdvarPreview_122.jpg

How I love beautifully made, beautifully designed IEMs, and no-one makes them better than Meze. Looking forward to putting these beauties through their paces this week.

Very, very early (pre-burn-in) impressions suggest a well-balanced and tuned IEM with plenty of treble sparkle, but one that's also very tip sensitive (where sparkle becomes sizzle if you're not careful). Nicely placed mids, with natural timbre, and bass that won't challenge the big guns but won't upset anyone either. Comfort is insanely good, as one would expect from a tiny, smooth shell and short nozzle. Build quality is 10/10.

More to follow in the coming days.

Jun 13, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #189 of 507
Glad I found this thread. I'm looking for a replacement for a crappy wireless ANC headphone that just broke down on me. To keep it light and easy, I'm considering a good IEM with an Ifi Go Blu for when I want to go wireless. How would that work for electronic music production? What about using them as monitors during concerts? What I read about metal music with the Advar sounds pretty good but I don't know about live. I was considering an over-ear like the DT 700 Pro X with a separate TWS, but if the Advar + Blu can replace both, all the better.

Jun 13, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #190 of 507
Glad I found this thread. I'm looking for a replacement for a crappy wireless ANC headphone that just broke down on me. To keep it light and easy, I'm considering a good IEM with an Ifi Go Blu for when I want to go wireless. How would that work for electronic music production? What about using them as monitors during concerts? What I read about metal music with the Advar sounds pretty good but I don't know about live. I was considering an over-ear like the DT 700 Pro X with a separate TWS, but if the Advar + Blu can replace both, all the better.
I would place the advar as an enjoyment iem vs monitoring/production. If you're looking for iems in that direction I'd look at 64 audio. Those are better suited for monitoring/live production.

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #192 of 507

Users who are viewing this thread

Back