Meze 99 Neo Pre-Launch Worldwide Review Tour - Registrations Closed
Jun 5, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #196 of 249
Thought I would comment on the serviceability of the 99 Neo's, my pair had an issue with one of the 3.5mm jacks that would rattle within the housing. Meze suggested a super simple fix (I contacted them before opening them up, some headphones are a mess inside), the jack is soldered to a board inside the headphones, it just requires removing the earpads (very simple) and 4 T6 screws. Inside, the board was held down by two screws, they had some lock tight already applied so I simply tightened them up and viola! Problem solved. The headphones are just as easy to service as Meze claims, it's remarkable how modular each component is while maintaining such a sleek and coherent design. Just another little thing that makes me appreciate these headphones even more!

Lovely find!

This is lovely to know about them, I'm always glad to have a pair of headphones that can easily be fixed!

Quite the irony, people were complaining that laptops were becoming more and more soldered and impossible to fix easily and Meze comes and gives us modular and easy to repair headphones.

I just spent a day with iDSD Black Label and Meze 99 C headphones and I gotta say, it was lovely! Both sad songs and happy songs sounded sweet and the emotion was raw and presented true to the listener's ears!

Jun 5, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #197 of 249
Hey guys, putting together the finishing touches on my review which I'll be posting shortly - stay tuned!

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #198 of 249
Jun 12, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #199 of 249
i haven't received the meze 99 as arranged, wonder where they are now?

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #201 of 249
Where is the North American one is now that will eventually make it to Oregon??

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #202 of 249
I'm number 7 on the second US stack and have heard nothing about them.
It's almost like the tour stalled.

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #205 of 249
I was on this tour and later I got another pair of 99neo and classic to do a comparison
here is my review for those who are interested and I also have the demo for both of these headphones (in description) :

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #208 of 249
Received the tour pair.
Initial impressions in the Impressions thread.
Really looking forward to extending my listening time with Neo.

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #209 of 249
I've had the Neos for my allotted week and need the contact information for the next reviewer.
Sad to see them go...
Review to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back