Meze 99 Classics USA/Canada Tour - Reviewers Wanted
Jan 14, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #151 of 250

Tour Update

Hey there,

Coming with a quick update:

The two units for the USA have already reached the first two members, @s1rrah and @fleasbaby. The unit for Canada is still in transit (thanks for your patience @elnero).

For the USA we can slowly take it further after the first two troopers are done listening. 

The next in line will be...

@HK_sends & @grizzlybeast

Check your inboxes guys :wink:

Also, something a bit off-topic

We started an impressions and discussion thread for the 99 Classics. You can check it out here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/794593/meze-99-classics-discussion-impressions-thread
And if you missed CES2016, you can see what we presented at the show. We're positive that you guys will be interested in this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/794603/meze-headphones-ces2016-and-news

Thanks so much! 
biggrin.gif
 Looking forward to evaluating them!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #152 of 250

Tour Update

Hey there,

Coming with a quick update:

The two units for the USA have already reached the first two members, @s1rrah and @fleasbaby. The unit for Canada is still in transit (thanks for your patience @elnero).

For the USA we can slowly take it further after the first two troopers are done listening. 

The next in line will be...

@HK_sends & @grizzlybeast

Check your inboxes guys :wink:

Also, something a bit off-topic

We started an impressions and discussion thread for the 99 Classics. You can check it out here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/794593/meze-99-classics-discussion-impressions-thread
And if you missed CES2016, you can see what we presented at the show. We're positive that you guys will be interested in this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/794603/meze-headphones-ces2016-and-news

Hey MezeTeam, you probably already know this, but I won 2nd place in the iCAN micro SE Intergalactic competition, and I will be receiving my very own pair of 99 Classics!! WOOHOO eh?! Super excited!! Anyway, could you guys be so awesome and give away my place on the tour to another fellow Canadian Head-fier? I will still do a review of the 99 Classics when I receive mine (paired up with an iCAN micro SE of course!), and give my honest and unbiased opinion.

beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #153 of 250

Hey MezeTeam, you probably already know this, but I won 2nd place in the iCAN micro SE Intergalactic competition, and I will be receiving my very own pair of 99 Classics!! WOOHOO eh?! Super excited!! Anyway, could you guys be so awesome and give away my place on the tour to another fellow Canadian Head-fier? I will still do a review of the 99 Classics when I receive mine (paired up with an iCAN micro SE of course!), and give my honest and unbiased opinion.

beerchug.gif

Congrats!  More than a little jealous! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #154 of 250

beerchug.gif

Grats man an enjoy it :D 

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #155 of 250
Jan 16, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #157 of 250
....my review is up:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-99-classics/reviews/15017

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #160 of 250
And Tuesday it is. Right here with me. 

Initial impression Read the below like someone who went to best buy and had a quick listen... don't put any real stock in them but just for an idea
From Tidal and the single end of my pulse infinity (usually lean sounding and lacking in a bit of dynamics. 

1. bass has good impact and solidity. 
  2. Midrange seems kinda flat but not all recessed. Not lush either
  3. Not getting peircing highs actually kinda smooth
  4. Soundstage is pretty darn good for what I would consider an on ear. Mostly wide than deep or tall
  5. Snare, drums,are all very invigorating. Very punchy headphone with good musicality this is prob the best part of these headphones sound so far. It is quite exceptional in dynamics throughout the frequency range. 
  6. Decent balance
  7. The gold looks better in person than I thought. 
  8. bass extension seems decent (can say for sure yet)

What seems awkward on a  first chance
  1. This has the annoying quality of not being fully over the ears. I will never be able to understand this design...but hey I put up with the momentum for a very long time.
  2. ummm that is about it..... 

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #161 of 250
  And Tuesday it is. Right here with me. 

Initial impression Read the below like someone who went to best buy and had a quick listen... don't put any real stock in them but just for an idea
From Tidal and the single end of my pulse infinity (usually lean sounding and lacking in a bit of dynamics. 

1. bass has good impact and solidity. 
  2. Midrange seems kinda flat but not all recessed. Not lush either
  3. Not getting peircing highs actually kinda smooth
  4. Soundstage is pretty darn good for what I would consider an on ear. Mostly wide than deep or tall
  5. Snare, drums,are all very invigorating. Very punchy headphone with good musicality this is prob the best part of these headphones sound so far. It is quite exceptional in dynamics throughout the frequency range. 
  6. Decent balance
  7. The gold looks better in person than I thought. 
  8. bass extension seems decent (can say for sure yet)

What seems awkward on a  first chance
  1. This has the annoying quality of not being fully over the ears. I will never be able to understand this design...but hey I put up with the momentum for a very long time.
  2. ummm that is about it..... 

nice, good first impressions :D 

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #163 of 250
Day two... 

While its none fatiguing it has good energy in the lower treble. While I don't feel its the most transparent headphone I have heard in its price range it's def not bad. It is making me sad that I have funds dedicated towards a tube amp right now... I need to stay focused and this hp isn't really helping.

Confession:
So at the same time I was approached about checking out the MEZE 99 I signed up for the Torque t40. I was way more interested in the Torque because its innovative in design, has some good R&D behind the driver and pads. 

Well its a good thing I didn't have the Torque and Meze at the same time because I kinda feel dumb for putting more hope into the Torque. This thing sounds a lot better and is cheaper yet less comfortable but the 99 comfort isn't that bad. I would have never guessed that. 

Is there an impressions thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back