Meze 99 classics or Audio-Technica MSR7
Mar 26, 2020 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gioacchino

100+ Head-Fier
Ciao, sono molto indeciso tra questi due modelli, molti mi hanno detto che sono entrambi modelli eccellenti e uno di fronte all'altro, i meze secondo molti hanno gli alti e i medi nel mezzo (non molto luminosi) mentre si distinguono in le basse frequenze, mentre i secondi msr7 molti non hanno bassi molto potenti ma hanno alti e medi molto buoni e luminosi. Quindi personalmente ascolto un po 'di tutto, dal classico al rock leggero all'hip hop, quindi stavo andando per il meze 99, solo che, dato che posso eccitare una chitarra acustica o un violino, non c'è niente di meglio, c'è qualcuno di voi chi ha provato entrambi i modelli e mi può aiutare? Grazie mille, scusa per il lungo messaggio e per la grammatica (sono italiano e l'ho tradotto con il traduttore di Google)

Mar 27, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 6
THE have the Meze 99’s and have only heard the MSR-7’s briefly and what you’ve read is pretty close to my experience with both the AT are fairly bright and do not have a lot of bass compared to the Meze this is correct. The highs on the Meze are laid back just a bit but would not call them warm at all and the mids are very good and not recessed and not as up front as say the HD-650 but I think fine. It would be my pick for a all rounder closed back in this price range without hesitation . It is built very well looks great and pretty comfortable for me and easy to drive and decent soundstage for a closed back as well.

Mar 28, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 6
THE have the Meze 99’s and have only heard the MSR-7’s briefly and what you’ve read is pretty close to my experience with both the AT are fairly bright and do not have a lot of bass compared to the Meze this is correct. The highs on the Meze are laid back just a bit but would not call them warm at all and the mids are very good and not recessed and not as up front as say the HD-650 but I think fine. It would be my pick for a all rounder closed back in this price range without hesitation . It is built very well looks great and pretty comfortable for me and easy to drive and decent soundstage for a closed back as well.
In the end taken the meze, I wanted to ask you if you need to burn in the headphones, but above all how to do it, I don't know anything, I only know that it lasts 50/60 hours, could you explain to me how to do it? If I have to put a particular playlist and if I have to take breaks or keep them connected as much as possible. thanks

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #5 of 6
Just listen to music normally. Either the headphones will burn in or your brain will. I strongly believe it's the brain :wink:

Mar 29, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #6 of 6
This comfirms my assumption of 99 classic being the best at the price-point for closed-back. Based on what I heard, I thought I can easily recommend for those looking for closed-back in that price point.

As far as Audio Technicas, there are good ones as I've heard the classic wooden cup ones, so perhaps the wooden cup ones are good. I got a suspicion that their DJ series ones suck. I hated the M40X.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back