Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #6,841 of 7,677
Ok I just changed the pads for the dekonis

So they are noticably smaller, my ears fit just right in, but in comparison the original pads are more comfortable.

Sound wise the low end has less reverb, is more on point, less bloated bass

The highs are more present and thus the resolution seems to be better overall.

The downside is that I feel the pads get warm quicker than the stock pads
So you prefer the stock pads?

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #6,843 of 7,677
No i like the Dekoni Pads more.

But the stock pads were a little bit more comfortable, maybe I just
have big ears.
For the comfort you're right it really depends of the morphology we have. For instance, I have better comfort with the Dekoni.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #6,847 of 7,677
Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #6,849 of 7,677
I'm testing Empyreans for a week now and I can tell you that you'd be surprised how well can fine-tuned 99C sound in comparison to Empys.
From my experience, better first invest in some higher-tier dac/amp solution and a better cable, before you even consider Empys. Any upgrade of sound chain is highly rewarding with 99's, even an aftermarket power supply for the dac/amp makes a positive audible difference.

Feb 1, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #6,850 of 7,677
I'm testing Empyreans for a week now and I can tell you that you'd be surprised how well can fine-tuned 99C sound in comparison to Empys.
From my experience, better first invest in some higher-tier dac/amp solution and a better cable, before you even consider Empys. Any upgrade of sound chain is highly rewarding with 99's, even an aftermarket power supply for the dac/amp makes a positive audible difference.

I think my cable is already top notch.

My dac/amp should be ok.

Feb 1, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #6,851 of 7,677
Swapped back to the Shure 1540 pads again and IDK what I was hearing with no subbass before but now I'm back to really loving these. the Yaxi pads are a bit too aggressive sounding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back