Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Jan 28, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #6,796 of 7,677
First I've tried the small pads from Meze and loved them. Then I've tried the Yaxi but didn't like them at all because the sound became to agressive for me, too far from the Meze signature... Now I'm using the Dekoni ones and love them more than the small pads from Meze.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #6,797 of 7,677
First I've tried the small pads from Meze and loved them. Then I've tried the Yaxi but didn't like them at all because the sound became to agressive for me, too far from the Meze signature... Now I'm using the Dekoni ones and love them more than the small pads from Meze.

I also heard a lot of positive feedback regarding the Dekoni Elite Sheepskin Pads in the past.

Are you using the pads made for the 99 Classics or the ones made for the ATH-50X ?

Jan 28, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #6,798 of 7,677
I also heard a lot of positive feedback regarding the Dekoni Elite Sheepskin Pads in the past.

Are you using the pads made for the 99 Classics or the ones made for the ATH-50X ?
I use the pads made for the 99 classics only

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #6,800 of 7,677
Hi everybody :) I'd like to add a pair of 99 Classics (walnut/gold) to my headphone collection.
I live in France, so I am looking for a european online reseller at a good price.

I've been investigating, and it seems that these cans are MUCH, MUCH cheaper in Romania than they are anywhere else ! :astonished:
To give you an example, they cost 309 € in France incl. shipping (Amazon, etc.).
In Romania, they cost 849 to 999 RON, which is 174 to 204 € ! Even if you add shipping and currency conversion, it remains much cheaper.
Unfortunately I have yet to find a Romanian reseller with an english website that would sell to other countries.

There are also used 99's selling in Romania for about 140 €. In Romanian websites, not on eBay apparently.
It all looks like there's a real Romanian market for these cans, not accessible to the rest of Europe. That's a real shame.

Do you guys have any hints on how to buy a pair in Romania, or any other good deals ?

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #6,801 of 7,677
Hi everybody :) I'd like to add a pair of 99 Classics (walnut/gold) to my headphone collection.
I live in France, so I am looking for a european online reseller at a good price.

I've been investigating, and it seems that these cans are MUCH, MUCH cheaper in Romania than they are anywhere else ! :astonished:
To give you an example, they cost 309 € in France incl. shipping (Amazon, etc.).
In Romania, they cost 849 to 999 RON, which is 174 to 204 € ! Even if you add shipping and currency conversion, it remains much cheaper.
Unfortunately I have yet to find a Romanian reseller with an english website that would sell to other countries.

There are also used 99's selling in Romania for about 140 €. In Romanian websites, not on eBay apparently.
It all looks like there's a real Romanian market for these cans, not accessible to the rest of Europe. That's a real shame.

Do you guys have any hints on how to buy a pair in Romania, or any other good deals ?
In the Netherlands the Meze 99 Classics costs €299 and can be cheaper if discounted. Doesn't the Meze webstore ship to France? Or aren't there French webstores selling them?

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #6,802 of 7,677
In the Netherlands the Meze 99 Classics costs €299 and can be cheaper if discounted. Doesn't the Meze webstore ship to France? Or aren't there French webstores selling them?
The Meze web store is selling them at 309 € too : https://mezeaudio.eu/collections/all/products/meze-99-classics-walnut-gold-wood-headphones
French stores like Amazon.fr are selling them at 309 € too.
Like I said, these are MUCH, MUCH cheaper in Romania, to a point where it's not normal.
So if there's a way to order these in Romania (and there should be, it's in Europe after all), I'm willing to try. :)

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #6,803 of 7,677
I'm sure those are very nice pads. What differences are you hearing opposed to the small Meze pads, if any?

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #6,804 of 7,677
I'm sure those are very nice pads. What differences are you hearing opposed to the small Meze pads, if any?
To me Soundstage is bigger with the Dekoni ones

Jan 28, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #6,806 of 7,677
Probably because there's more space between your ears and the drivers. Are you hearing any obvious differences in frequency response or tonality? Thx
Sounds between the sound of the stock ones and the small ones. Less boomy which I prefer

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #6,808 of 7,677
Forgot about the Dekoni, $80 way too much for me though...$48 for b-stock, I might bite on though

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #6,809 of 7,677

Users who are viewing this thread

Back