Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #5,251 of 7,677
It's been up for a while now: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ifi-ipurifier-3-0.23374/reviews#review-21639

Just to stay on topic, I have to say that the Meze 99 Classics and the iFi xDSD are the PERFECT match! Anyone looking for a versatile DAC/AMP for their 99 Classics should really consider the xDSD. I have clocked in many a multi-hour listening session with the pair, and bar none the sound is addicting! Both XBass and 3D+ sound phenomenal with the 99 Classics (no surprise as they take to EQing really well). It's almost like the folks over at iFi finished the prototype of the xDSD and asked the question " But does it sound good with the 99 Classics? " as the synergy between the pairing is above par, heck, dare I say perfect match!

:metal::sunglasses:

For me for some reason I judge with the way the treble sounds and the treble being spot on with the xDSD.

Not cheap but seems to go further in bringing out the best the classic 99 has when compared to the S2 digital also the xDsd makes the bass tighter with less bloated sound.

All in all I agree with the praise Bansaku is on about.

Just keeping this in mind about not going too much off topic hah.

Dan

Mar 25, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #5,252 of 7,677
I keep posting it, you should read my in-depth review on Audiophile-Heaven:

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2017/04/meze-99-classics.html
I'll admit, I was extremely reluctant to give these settings a shot. Got bored, and did so tonight. Pretty premium if you ask me. Brought these cans to another level imo. I think you're spot on with the 250 hz being to strong. I made some minor tweaks to accommodate my dap and tastes. I dropped the 250 two dbs instead of 3, and raised 500 hz through 4 khz 2 dbs instead of 3. Everything else I left where you had it. Didn't go quite as high on the 16 either.
You don't happen to have any magical eq settings for the Beoplay H6 do you?

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #5,253 of 7,677
I'll admit, I was extremely reluctant to give these settings a shot. Got bored, and did so tonight. Pretty premium if you ask me. Brought these cans to another level imo. I think you're spot on with the 250 hz being to strong. I made some minor tweaks to accommodate my dap and tastes. I dropped the 250 two dbs instead of 3, and raised 500 hz through 4 khz 2 dbs instead of 3. Everything else I left where you had it. Didn't go quite as high on the 16 either.
You don't happen to have any magical eq settings for the Beoplay H6 do you?

I'm always happy to help! :)

I haven't had a chance to test BEOPLAY H6 so far, sorry :)

If I'll do, I'll make an EQ profile for it

BTW, I can't make wonders, some Headphones can't be EQ'ed and this also goes for IEMs, it just happens that the drivers for 99C are free of distortions and can eat this much EQ, most drivers really really can't :)

Most Planaers can also be EQ'ed well though :)

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #5,255 of 7,677
The meze 99 noire are supposed to come with two sets of pads now. Just read on the massdrop page for these

True, but does two sets mean 2 sizes? My PSB M4U1 came with "two sets" of identical pads. I hope the former is true, and that Meze starts doing the same (what I have been saying since they switched sizes).

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #5,256 of 7,677
True, but does two sets mean 2 sizes? My PSB M4U1 came with "two sets" of identical pads. I hope the former is true, and that Meze starts doing the same (what I have been saying since they switched sizes).

Reading the discussion page it does appear that the two sets of earpads they are sending these with are of different sizes

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #5,258 of 7,677
Reading the discussion page it does appear that the two sets of earpads they are sending these with are of different sizes

Well, if that's the case I have one word to say: FANF*CK'NTASTIC! :metal::smile:

Mar 26, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #5,262 of 7,677
It appears the 99 Noir will be shipping early. Looking forward to hearing everyone’s opinions on them, even though it’ll probably match what others have already said. Unless there is some type of major issue that is reported, I will likely jump on the next drop :)

Mar 26, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #5,263 of 7,677
Indeed its shipping earlier..

upload_2019-3-27_8-44-1.png

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #5,265 of 7,677
Some extra details about the new 99 Noir

upload_2019-3-27_13-6-47.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back