1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374
376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385
Next

Last
  1. bcaulf17
    Also makes it harder with a significant other. The question would come...”why do you have three headphones!?” Im protecting myself lol.

menuki likes this.
  2. menuki
    Definitely true for most people, but I kind of don't like to put things into my ear anymore, especially when super portable headphones like the Meze's exist. But that is really just me.. maybe someday in the future I'll get some really decent IEM's again as a nice alternative. I would love the own the Massdrop Noble with the 12 drivers per side, but they are kind of expensive, although surely the sound is mind-blowing judging by all the stellar reviews they received so far.

3. menuki
    Hehe... I think I literally have no coworker which hasn't asked me that question before since they also see me cycling through headphones like it's underwear. In a short amount of time I owned so many different headphones (prob about 20 in 2-3 months) until I settled with the Meze's and Sennheiser HD660s (which I may sell soon though to maybe get the 177x LOL).

I'm literally just happy that the Meze's fit my preferences so well.. they are the kind of just-put-on-and-listen-to-goddamn-music-without-anaylzing-all-the-technicalities headphones. :)

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  4. bcaulf17
    Yup...they just sound pleasing!

menuki likes this.
  5. PopZeus
    For me personally, I feel like if I had a specific reason to use the 177X, then I'd get it. I've found that I'm not that interested in super neutral cans in my personal listening sessions, even if they might ace the technical categories. I used to own the PM-3, and while it was a very high quality portable set of over-ears, the tuning was relaxed neutral to me. Eventually, I got bored and sold them. If I was doing a lot of video or audio production, then I'd definitely invest in the 177X because they seem incredibly useful in that scenario. But absent a job, I'm going to focus on music listening enjoyment.

But others definitely get more listening joy from neutrality. I hope you dig the 177X! They certainly look very swank and comfortable to wear. Also kudos to MD for making them compatible with balanced outs.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    trellus likes this.
  6. bcaulf17
    I’ve seen some reviews say the 1770 was great for both music and production because of its dynamics so I’m hoping I feel the same. I had a discussion on here with someone who heard the 177X, and I mentioned I didn’t like the DT770; he also said the 177X sounded much more refined and didn’t like the 770 as well. So that kind of gave me some confidence. I’m one who likes to enjoy their music, but also with the transparency to get a good idea of how it’s supposed to sound. And at that price...I have a feeling I’d regret it if I didn’t jump now.

My Meze sold on eBay moments ago. Sad to let them go, but I enjoyed my time with them and it’s good knowing I can always get them again if I really want, and knowing what they sounded like so I have experience. I just didn’t have the right timing (if I had waited just one day later I probably would have held off and eventually ordered the 177X instead)

trellus likes this.
  7. abirdie4me
    Anyone use these on an airplane? Do they block enough noise for that?

8. trevinthefionaapplefan
    I havent used them on flight, but I'd assume they'd suffice for one or two flights if you have to use them. If you are frequent flyer, check out 1000xm3.

abirdie4me likes this.
  9. Malmbak
    Thanks man. I think I'll go with Meze 99 Noir from Massdrop. I have the HD 58X and enjoy them immensely. Aaprt from the fact that one is open and one is closed, have anyone heard both? How do they compare?

PopZeus likes this.
  10. Mhog55
    I own both. Different headphones, but both great. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

11. Dragonmilenario
    Has anyone ordered the new "little" pads from Meze's page?

I think I'll order them today, although I see that the estimated arrival date is long, but I may be curious.

Also, they have lowered the shipping costs to 7 euros in Europe. It used to be 20 euros, crazy.

12. Keko123

I ordered this last Wednesday

13. Dragonmilenario
    Tell us how they are when you receive them. A "paisano" greeting :wink:

14. chupacabra314
    I'm going to in a week. Will let you know. I have high hopes since the isolate very well - not just well for a headphone but just as well as my IEMs.

abirdie4me likes this.
  15. Dragonmilenario
    I travel by plane a lot and normally use this cans, but the isolation is far from perfect.

It is always better a good IEM, but It's not terrible at all. You can ear the outside noise but it isint very disturbing at all.

First

Back
365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374
376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385
Next

Last