1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282
284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293
Next

Last
  1. Lurk650
    haha I must have not had my morning coffee and completely missed that!

rafaelo and superuser1 like this.
  2. rafaelo
    This because the only thing that es100 is not doing yet is the morning coffee...haha

Nobody looks the numbers, is classics or neo but for practical reasons and not only I use the 12 the most and consistenly every single day.

Lurk650 likes this.
  3. Shane D
    Hello. I am looking for a balanced cable to hook my 99's up to my Sony ZX300 (4.4mm). The cable from my Sony Z7's won't work as the cable end won't fit into the headphone. Do the headphones not have 3.5mm inputs?

Shane D

4. Lurk650
    You can always get this 2.5 balanced cable and buy a 2.5 female to 4.4 male adapter to use with the ZX300. You can't just buy any old cable for the Meze, their housings have a narrow opening.

MezeTeam likes this.
  5. Shane D
    I am learning that. I have always loved my 99's, but now that I have a balanced player I am dying to try this feature. The Sony Z7's sound much better balanced.
    The 99's mustneedan extra long connector?

Shane D

6. Lurk650
    At the housing (ear cups), yes, its longer and slimmer than normal. I would just go with this budget cable from Meze and get an adapter

7. rafaelo
    Or you can buy a balanced cable like mine which is UK hand made and you can also customise it with the adaptor you want for even less money. Maybe around 40£ for the full customised solution.

8. Shane D
    That sounds good. Do you have a link. I bought a cable for my Sony Z7's and the landed cost was $90.00 in my money which is about 52£.

Shane D

9. rafaelo
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    superuser1 likes this.
  10. Shane D
    The one they show does not have the four rings on the 4.4mm end?

Shane D

11. rafaelo
    This link was offered only for finding a way to communicate with Keith. The rest is by writing to him. It has a variety of colours and adaptors and he is very helpful answering questions. I am not hundred percent if it had 4.4mm because I requested 2.5mm but I have seen a picture with a variet of adapters to choose from.

Initially, I have seen a 2m listing so I texted him since it was a too long cable for me asking him if he can do sorter and after that we arranged all the details. He did also an adapter from 2.5 to 3.5 converting balanced to unbalanced in order me not to unplug everytime my cables and he will do me in future one 2.5 balanced to 3.5 balanced for ifi audio products.

He is very friendly and will communicate everything to you so the link above is just to get his contact details .

12. MezeTeam
    Guys, thank you all for visiting our stand at CanJam London this year!
    It wouldn't have been as fun without you.

Meze Audio room5.jpg Meze Audio room6.jpg

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
  13. BunnyNamedCraig
    I love seeing people happy on here... The Meze 99 classic and the Neo are such easy headphones to love I feel. It has such versatility that it can fit most if not all genres.

14. soundboy94
    I do agree with you that the 99Classics are really great. Unfortunately I feel like they don't go very deep in the lower frequencies. Some of the very heavy sub bass tracks are not as enjoyable since they are all about the lower freq. I wish Meze would develop a product that would hit those lower octaves and preserve the same crytal clear sound and those lovely mids and highs and put the same passion into it as they did with the 99Classics.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  15. Pott
    I got the 99 Neo today, and I'm a little suprised at the vocals: they're really low in the mix compared to my previous headphone, the Audio Technica M50s.
    Signal is Spotify (highest quality) -> Schiit Bifrost -> Schiit Magni 3 -> Meze Neo

I definitely hear the improved treble clarity. Hi-hats in particular and ride cymbals (I listen pretty much only Extreme Metal types these days so it's noticeable). The bass doesn't appear to be better or worse... if anything I'd say there's a little less separation vs. the M50s.
    But I'm very surprised at the vocals. It's a VERY different experience. Especially as the M50s are famously V-shaped in their sound signature, I'd have expected a more even sound signature vs. further recessed midrange here.

Is this a common experience when switching to these headphones?

First

Back
273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282
284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293
Next

Last