1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280
282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291
Next

Last
  1. slumber86
    So do I, people are still arguing about benefits of balanced..

2. slumber86
    I'm not at all, balanced connection trasforms my FIIO Q1 in a such a dramatic way, I was thinking of change it because it don't match well the sound of the meze with boomy bass and poor detail. With balanced it's a whole different story. The bass tightens up mids are going forward, presentation is now much "in your face".
    I think that for everyone has this DAC balanced is a must, Now is the best source I have!

To be clear, I don't think that the cable only make all this difference, instead is the DAC works much better with balance

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    superuser1 and rafaelo like this.
  3. soundboy94
    Can you link me the place where u got the cable from please XD

4. slumber86
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  5. Lurk650
  6. Dragonmilenario
    I have a problem with the pads, they're losing some of the outer shell, it's just aesthetics. Does anyone else have this problem? Do you think the warranty covers it or should I buy new pads?

7. Lurk650
    New pads are cheap lol

8. koover
    Yeah, mine are starting to show a lot of wear too. New pads are only $20 plus shipping which was only $5 for me at least.

9. superuser1
    same here.
    I have spare pads :wink:

rafaelo likes this.
  10. Dragonmilenario
    I dont think are cheap: 20€ + 17€ shipping cost... Ok, it's not like I cannot afford, but 37 euros for a replacement pads are not cheap.

I will write to Meze if we gave me some solution, it's not normal to need another pads every year.

11. Lurk650
    Pads are wear and tear item. It's like tires on a car, more you use them the quicker they wear.

12. superuser1
    Collectively i wouldn't have put on the pads for even 100 hours and they are busted already.

13. Dragonmilenario
    In my case, maybe less than 100 hours total... It reminds me a little to the first PS4 controller pads and the problem with the rubber on the sticks.

It may be a real situation here if its a general case. Paying 20€ its ok, but 17€ for shipping makes me a little angry, its not serious, I've seen Ryanair flights to Romania for less than that lol.

HungryPanda and superuser1 like this.
  14. rafaelo
    Yes but 17€ for a balanced 200€ cable is nothing in comparison...

Seriously now this is not entirely their fault since Romanian courier services are not the most competive priced in the world. I have sent a lot of papers to Romania because of my wife and I personally know...

However, what I do not understand is why the do not sell them in Amazon UK like the headphones. I wanted also a cable willing to pay 20€ and I found completely inefficient to pay 17 on top. Combined more is costing almost as UK hand made balanced cable. I bought them eventually along new pads when they had their free shipping offer. It happens from time to time.

Though it would not be a bad idea to get this Ryanair ticket and go there personally since it is a nice summer...

HungryPanda likes this.
  15. Dragonmilenario
    So, there are any other pads into consideration? I read about it in the past but… Maybe a compatible ones in eBay or Amazon EU?

First

Back
271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280
282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291
Next

Last