1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259
261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270
Next

Last
  1. superuser1
    What about the earpads on both?

2. Anaz
    Both are equally soft. On me the Neo was on-ear and Cascade is around ear. (My comfort problem with the Cascade is it causes a hotspot at the top of my head due to the weight and headband design. This appears not to affect most people though).

3. superuser1
    Wait are you saying the earpads of the Neo are smaller than the Cascade and the cascade engulfs your whole ear whereas the Neo sat on them?

4. Anaz
    Yes: the Neo ear pads being circular weren't completely around ear on me. I can fit my ear completely within the Cascade's rectangular ear pad.

superuser1 likes this.
  5. big45-70
    Anything with more controlled bass would be considered an upgrade in my eyes. The 99c sound great, with the exception of a bloated low end. Its really too bad.

tili likes this.
  6. Lurk650
    What pads are you using? I find no bloat with the Brainwavz Sheepskin pads which give more driver distance than stock.

7. Lurk650
    Wow, ordered the Mono plugs last Tuesday for $20 plus $5 shipping. Just realized they are on Amazon Prime $20 with the Same Day delivery. Ridiculous. They have their standard cables with Prime as well.

8. Lurk650
    David from Triton sent me this email today, included is the pic of the cable. Probably better off with a cable direct from Meze if you want balanced.

"The connectors are the worst I've dealt with. Should only cost $5, IMO. It looks like it's missing some type of sleeve or coupler hardware to provide a rigid/tight connection between the two pieces. The bottom sleeve has no way of attaching to the mono connectors. Anyhow, I was able to use enough heat shrink and hot glue to make it as straight as possible. You shouldn't have any issues."

image.jpeg

*Patiently awaiting cable*

9. boblauer
    Yep GIGO, hope they hold up for you, do you use them on the go?

10. Dobrescu George
    I was actually still looking forward to @MezeTeam for more data on their silver cables, but I think that they were quite busy with their Empyrean release :)

The truth is that I favor Meze's cables for Beyerdynamic Amiron as well because they are more practical, and I really think that their silver would be a significant upgrade over the stock one for Mezer 99C and Amiron as well. Can't say before I get to hear it though...

11. Lurk650
    Nope, home use only
    Yeah the Amiron cable I bought also from Triton is a Copper cable but its of course balanced and sounds great. This cable for the Meze is a Silver Balanced cable. Interested to see what it does to the sound, also note I have Brainwavz Sheepskin Ovals on my 99C. Will of course post impressions

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. The Correlation
    I recently bought a brand new pair of 99 Classics in Maple Silver straight from Meze. These have the first set of small pads and I compared them side by side with my GFs walnut gold with the third revision pads. The difference is quite stark, with the bigger pads having about 3 db more bass boosted all the way up to the upper bass. That makes them warmer sounding, with a bit of a reverb effect (similar to what I heard with the ZMF Atticus). The small pads definitely tighten up the sound, though I do still like the big pads for the heavy hitting EDM tracks as the added bass fills in the sound spectrum.

Otherwise, I love the dynamics of these cans. They're super fun and have a similar character to my MH40, Alas, I might be selling my pair soon as I need the funds, but I have to say, they should've continued to produce the lovely Maple silver colour. Here's a picture of my pair with my HD800 and MH40 in the background.
    20180426_154756.jpg

Bansaku likes this.
  13. Dragonmilenario
    How can I buy this smaller pads? I really love the sound of the 99 classics but I want to try a little less bass on it.

tili likes this.
  14. Llermo
    I was thinking exactly the same. I'm applying EQ to reduce the bass and I'm very interested in trying the smaller smaller pads.

tili likes this.
  15. PetZoundz
    Agree completely about the bigger pads. The bass is extended to the point of bleeding the stereo image. Not a fan. When I want a “meatier” sound from a closed back, I’ll stick to my M&D MH40s.

tili likes this.
First

Back
250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259
261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270
Next

Last