1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232
234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243
Next

Last
  1. Mark Up
    I'm glad they worked for you. 1540 pads are great. If the Shure 1540 cans had a bit more sub bass, low mid to true mid fullness, and slightly less treble, they'd be amazing.

2. Shane D
    Got my new phone last weekend and it makes a GREAT partnership with my 99's!

I listen to these at work every day at lunchtime. Sounded good with my Note 4. Sounds AMAZING with my LG V30. I also picked up a 128GB card so I now have access to my whole library at work. Mobile music never sounded so good. At least in my world.:gs1000smile:

Shane D

3. RockStar2005
    That's awesome man! I too have the V30 and that same size micro SD card as well. It really is a great setup.

4. Shane D
    It really is a great pairing. I can see me having both of these for the next few years.

Shane D

RockStar2005 likes this.
  5. uncletim
  6. superuser1
    Has any one used the 99c balanced from either a WM1A or zx300. If the pairing is good im thinking of getting a balanced cable for the 99c.

7. nmatheis Contributor
    Dropping my thoughts on the excellent 99 Neo here...

If anyone out there owns a pristine 99 Neo and is looking to upgrade to 99 Classics, maybe we can make a swap. PM me if you're interested.

8. Dobrescu George
    The Balanced Cable is supposed to be quite good, but I haven't had a chance to hear it yet, less with either of 1A or Zx300.

On the other hand, it is one of the best looking, sturdiest cables around

superuser1 likes this.
  9. Mark Up
    Search EBay for them or just go here - https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-ATH-MSR7-MDR-7506-Ultrasone-Headphone/dp/B073YRQGQ3

I want to revise my pad review. I did the NEO tour and found MSR7 pads had cleaned up the low mid, upper bass bump Tyll and others disliked. That was an early production unit, so I bought a brand new pair last week. I just tried them out of the box before any burn in. Stock everything. They are now easily by far my favorite headphones. I have many, and some do things better (bass warmth, spaciousness) but none have all the qualities I like so well, in one set. After burn in I'd expect them only to improve. They may have made minor tweaks to address that. Even the stereo imaging appears a bit better. All stock. I do like a lot of bass. Some might be fans of the NEO or CLASSIC, and like everything but the extra bass they have, in general, not just peaks. Well, I did the pad swap on this new pair, and the high end was the same (remarkably detailed, and yet no harshness or peaks, better in the treble than any headphone brand I have ever heard). The mids were a touch more recessed, but it wasn't problematic. The low mid and mid bass were a bit cleaner, sub bass unaffected. For audiophiles this is a sound they might like so they still should be a great option to try since they are cheap. That said if you like a full, warm, bassy sound like I do, you may find you don't need the swap, but it's inexpensive and it can't hurt to have them on hand.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    mbwilson111 likes this.
  10. Lurk650
    @slowpickr possibly?

11. slowpickr

PM sent.

12. thehamubrglar
    Yesterday I purchased the ATH-MSR7 earpads from an Ebay seller in NY. I'm hoping they fix my problems with the 99c and comfort, without ruining the sound. I will certainly post back once they arrive and I can test drive them!

Mark Up and superuser1 like this.
  13. mid-range
    I really like mine. They are a little more comfortable than stock. I think there is an improvement in the bass. So far I haven't heard the boomy bass that I experienced with a few recordings. I cannot discern any change in the mid-range and treble. I think I've tried every pad out there, and some modified pads. The ATH-MSR7's were my final choice. Of course what you listen to, how you interpret your music, your equipment, clamp force on your head, etc. will determine whether or not these headphones/pad combo will work for you.

mbwilson111 and Mark Up like this.
  14. uncletim
    There are many different copies of MSR7 pads on eBay. I would imagine they are all different.

AT quoted me $15.17 each pad and about $9 to ship. They needed address to calculate shipping costs. Serious business.

Meze sent me the 3rd gen pads free to Thailand.

Maybe they will release 4th gen pads? 2mm larger?

15. mbwilson111
    I have some MSR7 pads around here somewhere. I got them for my NAD HP50 which were causing me horrible discomfort. They did help (Brainwavz ruined the sound). I ended up finding the Sony V7 pads a bit more comfortable for them. Anyway, I should try the MSR7 on my Meze Neo although I have had no problems with the stock pads. I don't want to stretch or rip anything though.

First

Back
223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232
234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243
Next

Last