1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
Next

Last
  1. FortisFlyer75
    Thanks for super speedy reply Rockstar, At least I am not the only one then!
    Think for now I will just try the flat pads and maybe try the angled ones a little later on to compare. I would not normally rush to buy and do some homework on it but when I can have them delivered tomorrow and got a Hugo2 on loan to review from Chord with nothing to do all day on a lazy sunday it would be rude not to!

Cheers Rockstar for the very helpful info there, that's why I love the Meze thread as there is a good community vibe, maybe it's becuase these cans don't cost £3K! I don't know?.... :smile_phones:

RockStar2005 likes this.
  2. FortisFlyer75
    Sorry missed your post as replying to Rockstar, thanks there Pinky, good to know from someone who has both. I was leaning towards the flat pads to stay safe for now anyway if I didn't get a definitive reply but you are a Rockstar just like Rockstar2005 for helping so swiftly... Off to Amazon to order for tomorrow delivery.

Thankyou once again :beerchug:

3. RockStar2005
    No problem Fortis! Hope it helps.

Yeah I guess might as well! That's cool about the Hugo 2.

Yeah these threads can be quite helpful! I would say the majority of what I know regarding headphones and Hi-Fi (and also Hi-Res) I learned from people on here. And yes, if the 99 Cs cost $3000 or pounds, I'd be talking about something else right about now. lol

4. PinkyPowers
    I do enjoy both pads. But I really love the comfort of the angled pads. But the sound is slightly more natural and balanced on the non-angled pads. And the comfort of the non-angled is certainly high enough that you'll find nothing to complain about. Much nicer than any of the stock pads. It's quite lovely on the ears.

jinxy245 likes this.
  5. FortisFlyer75
    Hi Pinky & Rockstar,

Have ordered the flat pads for now and will receive them tomorrow so will be sure to report back here during the week with a few miles on them!
    Thanks again to the both of you for the help and direction on these pads...

Still might give the angled pads a whirl later on then, won't hurt to have them to hand and never know what other cans they may fit at any stage in future all though got a feeling these will also fit my Sony 7520 cans also.

I've got all three revisions of the Meze pads and had mixed results with the latter two sound wise to the original set all though they both solved the comfort issue of the original pads.

I unfortunately do not get as much time on here as I would like and miss a lot of stuff as forever trying to catch up on like 100+ pages it always feels but is great to see some threads stay sensible and warm to be part of which is not the case with quite a few of them so will be sure to post my expeirence of these pads soon as it will only help a future me trolling their way through these pages one day maybe pondering the same questions.

Already heard my friends Hugo2 a little bit when I visited him recently and heard it at the shows so already know my ears like it but now got the chance to really try it with all my gear so busy day tomorrow with the Hugo and new Meze pads.

Meze will have a £/$3K pair out in four years time called the 3000 classic! If it was anything like the way the 99C punches above it's weight though...
    I get the feeling Meze are one of those sensible companies with their feet firmly on the ground and will nver forget the roots of their products so don't think we have to worry for a while about Meze going super pimped prices on us even though I thought the 99C was a grand when i first ever see the photo of it!

Cheers once again and heres till tomorrow, roll on the Amazon driver:relaxed:

RockStar2005 likes this.
  6. superuser1
    I am really curious about those iems. George please do find out more when you can.

RockStar2005 and Dobrescu George like this.
  7. Dobrescu George
    I will post more as soon as I can!

They are really awesome from what I've seen so far! Meze has been working on acquiring one of the most precise measurement benches in the world as well, and they will have it sometime in the next two weeks. This will speed up their work when producing a new prototype a lot since they will be able to test things with better precision and determine things with less work overhead! All in all, great things are coming from them and I've been quite enthused to be there while they presented those new products! Some people there had really interesting questions as well! :smile_phones:

superuser1 and RockStar2005 like this.
  8. RockStar2005
    Alright Fortis. No problem!

I think Amazon shows which headphones fit with each pad, though the listing isn't complete as the 99 Cs aren't listed but do in fact fit.

9. Mightygrey
    Any update on timing for these guys? Very keen to get a listen...

10. Dobrescu George
    I am really eager to hear them VERT IEMs as well.

Much more curious about them Empyrian (I'm not sure if I wrote this correctly) :gs1000smile:

11. bigtim
    RockStar2005 and Dobrescu George like this.
  12. RockStar2005
  13. mbwilson111
    Too late now. Lightning deals only last for 4 hours. Back up to £29... was £22 during the deal. I debated but really have no need for them. At the moment I have one pair of the hybrid ones not being used ...ruined the sound on my Bosshifi B8 so I went back to stock. No need for me to change my Meze pads.... super comfy as they are.

Lightning deals get repeated often though.

HungryPanda and RockStar2005 like this.
  14. Bansaku
    Hey folks! While completely unrelated to this thread, I had to share this here (because Meze fans are awesome!). First a quick back story. It's pay-day, and as usual I browse my local Kijiji to see if any awesome headphones pop up cheap, and as always 90% of new postings are for Beats. So I did this:

beats.jpeg

Too much?

:metal::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15. RockStar2005
    I have a friend who owns like 4-5 Beats headphones who says the newer ones sound a bit better than the older ones did. C-NET's Steve Guttenberg also wrote a review saying the same thing. I still wouldn't buy them though. Until I hear they've fixed the bloated (and in some cases distorted) bass issue, Beats starts posting their specs (which they still don't), and that they've STOPPED putting metal bits in the headphones to make them weigh more and appear to be more "premium", I will continue to disregard them.

First

Back
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
Next

Last