Meze 12 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Jan 31, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #64 of 77
Hi all!!

I'm planning on buying these headphones, but I would like to know if anyone compared them with other iems around the same price, for example, the Hifiman Re-400, Brainwavz M2, which are 20 less right now, these look good, and don't seem to have the build issues the hifiman does, but anyway, I'm really gently with my thing, so probably not a REAL issue for me...

What do you guys say? Any comparison?

Thanks!!

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #66 of 77
a3f48f1c004743bd8c60816333cd9ced.jpg

Also did some Meze 12 Classic vs Meze Neo 11 comparisons for the upcoming Meze 12 Classic review.

0f9f8aca63ea9e60a1cf1b63eedb4f62.jpg

'Member?

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #68 of 77
Just got a pair of 12C....nice build, sturdy cable(although some microphonics, would like a chin slider)...I prefer them with the Comply tips, as the silicon feels too hard for me, but i will try them later with some grado and spinfits silicons, which are softer and give me better comfort.
I have only about 15 hours burn-in, but already sounds much better than when i received them...Thing is i've been listening through the iPhone 7 till now, and didn't enjoy them so much...some emphasis on the lower mids and upper bass which annoyed me a little. Got them on the Mojo now, and is quite a difference....smooth, open, much better control of the bass....
Overall i feel they are much better balanced than the Sony mdr-ex650, and the Hifiman re400... the sony for me is too v-shaped, too much bass and too bright in the same time, and the Hifiman just lacks body...12C slides somewhere in the middle. Very nice thick body without overbearing bass, and exciting sound without being piercing or sibilant at any time... I actually prefer them to the Dunu DN200J...not the same level of detail, but there's nothing that i dislike in the 12C's sound.
Very nice job Meze Team!!!

P.S.  Felicitari, si succes mult in continuare!!!

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #69 of 77
My take on the 12 classic.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-12-classics/reviews/18415

Would like to thanks the MEZE team.

Apr 23, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #70 of 77
Finally, my review is done! Too many distractions (like the 99 Classics larger ear pads arriving at the same time), but finally up! http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-12-classics/reviews/18489

beerchug.gif

May 21, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #72 of 77
I've Sennheiser cx475 earbuds that I haven't been that impressed with - good clarity but no body to them - so started to do some window shopping! I didn't want to spend a lot of money and saw the 12 Classics, along with mostly very good reviews - mainly on here but some elsewhere. Any how, by a stroke of luck there were a pair of ex-demo ones in as new condition, on ebay, and I got them for only £33! Just waiting for them to turn up on Thursday now :-D #veryexcited!

May 27, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #73 of 77
To update. My 12C's turned up a day early. Really impressed by the packaging - it's the industry I'm in so I'm a little anal about it lol! - really liking the little carry case too. Had trouble keeping them in using the silicon tips, but this was whilst I was working out so maybe I'm being a little unreasonable? I've now switched to the comply tips and after reading how to insert into the ear correctly I'm really enjoying the sound. IMHO they're way better than my CX475's. I love my music but I'm not very good at describing what I'm hearing, they just seem more three dimensional than my Sennheiser's if that makes any sense? They've now become my default choice.

Dec 6, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #74 of 77
question to the meze 12 owners.... received mine yesterday, let them burn in for 20h and just decided to give them a trial listen.
The microphonics of the cable ( or the whole earbud, dont know?) are horrible... I need to sit absolutely still, any little bit of rubbing, or even just moving the cable, extremely loud microphonics. not enjoyable, only annoying.. quite disappointed, and I am a Meze fan for the 99classics.
Does this get better? does the cable "wear in", soften up over time, or something alike ??
THX

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #75 of 77
Bought these back in March on clearance (USD $22) and while I was impressed with the accessories in the box, the warm signature was just awful. Fitment is sometimes an issue for me with IEMs, but even in the worst case scenario I can hold the IEM for a seal and get an impression on the sound.

When I did this with the Meze 12, I just got incredibly recessed mids, fuzzy bass and rolled-off highs with a spike in the lower treble, and tip rolling either did nothing or removed the bass and highlight that peak further. I submitted a return as faulty immediately, but the retailer claimed that they ran an A/B with a store pair and this was the sound signature, and I couldn't help but laugh as they told me and then give me a mere fraction of the outlay back due to shipping and re-stocking fees.

I was so convinced that they were faulty, and perhaps they are and came in a faulty batch, and if not I can understand why many people preferred the Neo 11, and it's probably for the best that both have been discontinued (not that people are really buying IEMs from 2016 these days).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back