Metallica half speed remasters
Sep 23, 2009 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Dangermouse2003

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all. I just bought the remastered version of Master of Puppets on 180g vinyl, and .. it sucks. I was really hoping this would be the version of MoP I've been looking for, but if this is remastered I give up
rolleyes.gif
. Has anyone else tried the new Universal releases? I guess I should have known from the 'louder faster heavier' tag that it wouldnt be any good.

Sep 23, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 15
Most of the new Metallica reissues suck.

Look for the Simply Vinyl reissues for good sound on vinyl. For CD, track down the Steve Hoffman mastered DCC gold CD's.

Sep 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #8 of 15
Totally agree about the Master of Puppets 180g LP, it really sounds awful. RTL is also really poor quality, really thin sounding.

I have the 4 lp set for And Justice For All and it sounds incredible, best version by far (if you can be bothered to change sides after each song that is!!). Apparenlty the 4 lp Black album is awesome also

Sep 26, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 15
You all are right, i have a copy of RTL on 180gm vinyl and it sounds awful

Sep 26, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #10 of 15
DCC Gold remasters are way to go. Remastered by Steve Hofman IIRC. They sound fantastic. Unfortunately they are expensive as hell if you want to buy a CD as used. They are pretty much collectors items nowadays.

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billybob79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally agree about the Master of Puppets 180g LP, it really sounds awful. RTL is also really poor quality, really thin sounding.

I have the 4 lp set for And Justice For All and it sounds incredible, best version by far (if you can be bothered to change sides after each song that is!!). Apparenlty the 4 lp Black album is awesome also

On And Justice For All, can you actually hear the bass in that vinyl version? lol

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #13 of 15
I am desperately hoping for MoP/RtL DCC-quality releases of Justice and Death Magnetic to come along some day. MoP DCC is amazing...

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish there would be some sort of rerelease for OOP MFSL and DCC discs

Were Metallica ever on MFSL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back