METAL MAGIC RESEARCH (Thoughts and impressions)
Apr 26, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #901 of 943
I like the bass being so forward, makes the Thummim far from an all rounder for me, the way you both describe the LE seems like the magic for me may have been diminished.
I'd agree with that - the LE looks great, but for me the tuning seems to have veered more away from my preferences, so I'm pretty happy with the original model (not that I'd have had a chance of scoring an LE anyway 😂)

Apr 26, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #902 of 943
I like the bass being so forward, makes the Thummim far from an all rounder for me, the way you both describe the LE seems like the magic for me may have been diminished.
All-rounder is exactly what LE has become.

Attachments

• Thummim LE.jpg
    Thummim LE.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 27, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #903 of 943
This morning listening to the best synergy in my kit. Thummim OG with C9, line in from PAW6K, low gain, class A, tube. For me the synergy between these three products is awe inspiring listening to trio acoustic Jazz.

This is a prime reasons why when someone says consider if you could only have one IEM, it causes me so much distress.

Also a first listen to Skyline.
Ron Carter, hearing the most recorded bass player ever, like never before. Add one of my top three drummers of all time Jack Dejohnette, and a pianist I am still in the process of discovering Gonzalo Rubalcaba.

What a great start to Wednesday.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #904 of 943
This morning listening to the best synergy in my kit. Thummim OG with C9, line in from PAW6K, low gain, class A, tube. For me the synergy between these three products is awe inspiring listening to trio acoustic Jazz.

This is a prime reasons why when someone says consider if you could only have one IEM, it causes me so much distress.

Also a first listen to Skyline.
Ron Carter, hearing the most recorded bass player ever, like never before. Add one of my top three drummers of all time Jack Dejohnette, and a pianist I am still in the process of discovering Gonzalo Rubalcaba.

What a great start to Wednesday.

Beautiful set up :)

How come you prefer the paw6k as source and not the p6pro?

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #905 of 943
I missed Thummim too much and agreed a reversal of our recent trade with him getting the VE EXT back.
Truly can't wait to get them back tomorrow.

While the LE looks interesting, it does seem like a last run prior to v2 being announced.
The polished Ti look, however, I find to be a little garish, further drawing attention to the IEMs rather unusual looks.

Very interesting comments on the synergy of Thummim with a paw6k and a c9. Might finally look into getting myself a c9 :p

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #906 of 943
Beautiful set up :)

How come you prefer the paw6k as source and not the p6pro?
The line out on the P6K is prior to any amplification, does not cause double amping, plus the screen can be flipped. I hear the DAC conversion in the P6K as slightly warm and without any digital edge.

Over a year ago I experimented and liked the P6K sound with the C9, and for me Design is 50% Sound is 50% so the flipped screen and easier search for the “stack stationary use case” wins.
(I define Design as a combination of usability, looks, and ergonomics).

By the way after Skyline I switched to Miss Universe from Nilufer Yanya, and that setup was to muddy for me for that music.

DBE65C56-C20D-44A4-97D9-EB38F60D14FA.jpeg

Now I am listening with P6P and XE6.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #907 of 943
Overjoyed to have these beasties back.

Attachments

• 8A56A4F8-C315-480C-8251-123E4C1B84B8.jpeg
    8A56A4F8-C315-480C-8251-123E4C1B84B8.jpeg
    954.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #909 of 943
Apr 28, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #910 of 943
Apr 29, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #911 of 943
Any thoughts on how Blamung compares to Thummim? I can buy a pair with a pretty heft discount (~50% off) but curious to find out more about the sound signature from fellow Thummim owners. Cheers!

May 20, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #912 of 943
How does the stock cable sound with the Balmung? I am considering to get my hands on the Balmung, at the same time looking at third party cables that pairs well with it. Looking at more vocal and bass centric sound. Thanks in advance guys!

May 20, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #913 of 943
How does the stock cable sound with the Balmung? I am considering to get my hands on the Balmung, at the same time looking at third party cables that pairs well with it. Looking at more vocal and bass centric sound. Thanks in advance guys!
The cable was actually really nice and MMR commissioned Eletech to build it with their own specifications. I didn’t find it to lack anything and the hardware is just gorgeous on it.

May 22, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #914 of 943

There’s a set in the classifieds for a good price. I bought mine earlier this year and I’m very happy with its performance as well as the custom Eletech cable. ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back