METAL MAGIC RESEARCH (Thoughts and impressions)
Jun 11, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #766 of 943
It was there for awhile and I just put up with it until now. Not really sure what caused it.

I also get ‘static’ noise once in awhile which stops when I physically press on the amp which is really strange but continues when I let go then goes away by itself.

I suspect moisture from condensation as I got new air conditioning thats a lil too powerful. Was causing the paint on my walls to peel from all the condensation in the morning when I switch it off lol. Had to turn the temp up eventually.
Doesn't that seem more like an amp issue ?

Jun 11, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #767 of 943
Jun 11, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #768 of 943
It was there for awhile and I just put up with it until now. Not really sure what caused it.

I also get ‘static’ noise once in awhile which stops when I physically press on the amp which is really strange but continues when I let go then goes away by itself.

I suspect moisture from condensation as I got new air conditioning thats a lil too powerful. Was causing the paint on my walls to peel from all the condensation in the morning when I switch it off lol. Had to turn the temp up eventually.
this is so much weird.

hope you fix...whatever the heck is going on...soon.

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #769 of 943
Going to miss my Thummim, sent them in for some repairs as the right side has developed a weird ring. :’(

That is bad news, I'm finding that Eden, and the the tour Elysium and V8, they are getting 90% of my head time.

Jun 12, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #772 of 943
Thummim time. Currently listening to a 30 min epic instrumental song by Nightwish: All the works of nature which adorn the world. Give it a listen!

1623436149667.jpeg
(Really wish to hear this on the Thummim, but the Z1R will do for now lol)

The score on this is just insane...

I really gotta check out Nightwish's new stuff.

The last album I have of them was the Imagaerum (The Score)

Seems like the new vocalist cemented her place and made Nightwish her own.

Jun 12, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #773 of 943
(Really wish to hear this on the Thummim, but the Z1R will do for now lol)

The score on this is just insane...

I really gotta check out Nightwish's new stuff.

The last album I have of them was the Imagaerum (The Score)

Seems like the new vocalist cemented her place and made Nightwish her own.
I love Nightwish, esp. with the new singer. A compatriot, so I am a little biased... but I have been a fan of her voice for a long time, since she was in After Forever.

Some people are critical of the latest two albums, because they are less catchy and more progressive/symphonic, but that's what I love about them!

On OT: excellent music for the Thummim! :)

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #774 of 943
I love Nightwish, esp. with the new singer. A compatriot, so I am a little biased... but I have been a fan of her voice for a long time, since she was in After Forever.

Some people are critical of the latest two albums, because they are less catchy and more progressive/symphonic, but that's what I love about them!

On OT: excellent music for the Thummim! :)
I’ll definitely checkout their latest stuff!

And I’m hoping to try out the Thummim someday too 😂

Jun 14, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #776 of 943
Just received my Thummim - too early to form any proper thoughts. But I’m loving the bass, prob need to play around with the ear tips to find something which I like. Current one is making the treble a little too bright for my liking. My apologies for not describing/using audio parlance appropriately, I’m just a novice who listens based on instinct. I enjoy the distinctions of what Thummim and Traillii bring to the table :)

Jun 14, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #777 of 943
A very short, very initial impression of the Balmung - I think it is going to become one of those community staples/favourites for musicality and sheer enjoyment that don't come at the expense of technical ability under the 3000$ mark. Large and holographic staging, balanced and extremely natural FR and presentation, and some of the more DD-like BA bass I've heard.

That being said, it's just much too musical for me. Might be something about my current preferences or music tastes, but everything I've been listening to and enjoying (including the Thummim) is so much drier and more reference-y, especially throughout the midrange - listening to the Balmung makes me feel like it is almost trying to seduce me with that wetness, and that just doesn't quite click with how dead I am inside :D

Jun 14, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #778 of 943
A very short, very initial impression of the Balmung - I think it is going to become one of those community staples/favourites for musicality and sheer enjoyment that don't come at the expense of technical ability under the 3000$ mark. Large and holographic staging, balanced and extremely natural FR and presentation, and some of the more DD-like BA bass I've heard.

That being said, it's just much too musical for me. Might be something about my current preferences or music tastes, but everything I've been listening to and enjoying (including the Thummim) is so much drier and more reference-y, especially throughout the midrange - listening to the Balmung makes me feel like it is almost trying to seduce me with that wetness, and that just doesn't quite click with how dead I am inside :D

Thank you for the insight.

Jun 14, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #779 of 943
Thank you for the insight.
I'll be able to spend quite a lot of time with it this week, and will probably move it on next week once I have my Thummim back - can't go without an MMR IEM haha :)

Jun 14, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #780 of 943
Currently, I like Thummim with Iliad, more so than with the stock cable, perhaps the latter requires burn-in. Whilst LX has great bass, I often want more details in the mids and treble. I’m looking forward to seeing if Thummim can satisfy that preference. Fortunately, fit of Thummim is good for me, no issues (yay!). Clearly the insane me enjoy living life on the dangerous and painful side by playing financial roulette of the blind buy, rofl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back