METAL MAGIC RESEARCH (Thoughts and impressions)
Dec 15, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #376 of 943
It looks like an IEM which I can buy based on aesthetics alone :smiley: I guess this one would go head to head with Fir’s VxV. Look forward to that comparison.
The VxV has a dynamic driver so I don't think it's a fair comparison. Though market position as a daily carry is similar.

Dec 15, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #377 of 943
The VxV has a dynamic driver so I don't think it's a fair comparison. Though market position as a daily carry is similar.

Yep I was referring to the price bracket and daily carry. Anyway it doesn’t really matter to me if it was DD or BA, what’s important for me is the overall sound presentation.

Dec 15, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #378 of 943
As if the texture wasn't enough to drive me off the edge, I just caught sight of their packaging on their fb

mmr.jpg

I think I need to take a chill pill lest I make any rash decisions :k701smile:

Dec 15, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #379 of 943
As if the texture wasn't enough to drive me off the edge, I just caught sight of their packaging on their fb

mmr.jpg

Whoa, freakin’ awesome!

Dec 15, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #380 of 943
Shared in another thread, but the texture that Deezel mentioned is definitely there - shot with an iPhone macro lens without any editing

0ED05BBC-9D5F-4CBC-BBAB-6277DB434F1B.jpeg

Absolutely love their tuning too, it’s relatively neutral, with really good warmth in the midrange and a spacious soundstage

All in all, favourite thing I’ve heard around the 1000$ mark along with the Andromeda 2020 and the shell has what’s probably the nicest design I’ve seen to date - big <3 from me

Dec 15, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #381 of 943

As @normie610 said, it'll be a comparison based on price bracket, which is how I tend to do them. If the VxV mauls it down low, then I'll say so. :wink:

mmr.jpg

Yeah, they've really nailed the entire aesthetic as far as I can tell

Dec 24, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #386 of 943
This will be the best new year present to start 2021 after a long struggling 2020‼️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back