META42 vs. Headroom Little
Jul 30, 2002 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

stallion11msu

100+ Head-Fier
A quick question for those who'd care to throw in an opinion or two:

Would a decked out META42 (roughly $260) best a new Headroom Little or vice versa? Would a cosmic best both of them?
*For home use with 580/600's and ER-4S's*
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 10
Yes. Maybe.

smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously, give me a week or two. I should have my meta42 done by then, and I'll give you an answer. Considering my meta will be over $100
eek.gif
in parts, I'm guessing it will best the little. I've had the little as part of the loaner program, and I was amazed by it, and I know the sound well. I also know the cosmic sound. Its very detailed, and the highs are beautiful. I might loan the cosmic, who knows, and write a 4 way (cmoy meta little cosmic) comparison.

Jul 30, 2002 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 10
please do!
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2002 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 10
The Little has Headroom's patented crossfeed filter, a warranty, customer service, immediate shipping, etc. If these things are most important to you, you should get the Little.

Otherwise, you should probably get the META42.
smily_headphones1.gif

(or build one)

Aug 3, 2002 at 8:44 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Yes. Maybe.

smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously, give me a week or two. I should have my meta42 done by then, and I'll give you an answer. Considering my meta will be over $100
eek.gif
in parts, I'm guessing it will best the little. I've had the little as part of the loaner program, and I was amazed by it, and I know the sound well. I also know the cosmic sound. Its very detailed, and the highs are beautiful. I might loan the cosmic, who knows, and write a 4 way (cmoy meta little cosmic) comparison.

That would be the best thing going!!! Add the Corda, Creek and Musical Fidelity Xcan to that lineup, write a comprehensive review and I'll buy you dinner at Chez McDonald's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 8:32 PM Post #10 of 10
lol, I couldn't do a very accurate review of those, since I haven't spent much time with them. . . but I may add a MOH addendum eventually.

Looks like it might be in 2 or 3 weeks. . . other responsibilities have prevented me from starting my meta. . . all the parts are right there, ready to solder. . . but gah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back