META42 v2
Jul 19, 2002 at 7:22 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

How about making a set of surface mount pads inside the DIP 8 pads for the main opamp.

Neat idea. On first look at the current board route, I don't know if we can swing this, but it's worth a look.

Jul 19, 2002 at 8:39 PM Post #17 of 18
Yes, I'm actually quite surprised that didn't make mentioned before let alone done in the even 1st version. When I think about generalized PCBs, first thing on my mind is a land pattern of DIP with smaller SOIC inside... But that might just be me, I'll be dreaming PCBs pretty soon.

Anyway, I think it's something that should definitely be in the next version if at all possible. To me personally not using AD8610/20 is not an option and getting adapters is not only inconvenient and expensive (extra s&h, taxes...) but electrically inferior.

Depending on your PCB design software it might be anything from trivial to daunting, and then there's rework if you had traces below the chip...

Jul 25, 2002 at 5:21 PM Post #18 of 18
Tangent:

Most of the problems with the volume pot could be solved with those Molex/GC Waldom connectors you mention at your site (META42 Breadboarding).

I just hope you expand that section of your site a little bit. Why? I've never worked with those Molex connectors. I mean, I don't even know what to order, what to use for crimping, etc. I do realize, however, that the Molex connectors do offer lots of flexibility. That's really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back