META42 and DSP Pro help...
Oct 25, 2002 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mercid

Head-Fier
exactly how should i go about hooking up my new META42 (JMT is da man!) to the sennheiser DSP Pro when im watching a movie. I.E. Is there a way to get the DSP to give me the positioning signal but NOT the hissy amp. i rented Gladiator this w/e to give the full setup a good test
evil_smiley.gif

Thanks

-Mercid

Oct 25, 2002 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 4
Sorry, afaik, the only way to get the effect you want would be to connect the dsp pro to your dvd player, then connect the meta to your dsp.
frown.gif
You'll have to go through the dsp's amp.

Oct 25, 2002 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 4
doh! I guess im in the market for a better DSP now,
smily_headphones1.gif
The META is about 2000X better then the dsp pro and there is simply no way I could ever go back.

Now, I have had this amp for a few days and it really brings the music to life. The bass is very tight and awesomely tonal, approaching the 12W6 in my car (sealed) The treble and detail REALLY open up with the META42 (using SR 325) I would definitely recommend the JMT Max META42 to anyone.

anyway... how about those dsp suggestions

Oct 26, 2002 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 4
Mercid,
I really think the DSP pro is not all that bad if you used it with digital source (DVD, digital cable..etc). I actually like it. However, DSP pro is no good for music listening and I totally agree that Meta42 is much much better sounding that the DSP pro in music session. I also think Mr. Tangent is the man!!

Purk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back