Messenger Bag.... Fi!
Mar 22, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #106 of 260
Niiiice. I like the "TAD" allusion. Suitable for spontaneous SAS ops, too, I'd guess.

Do the buckle snap expansion belts tuck into anything underneath?

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #107 of 260
Nope, and they are very annoying when hanging loose as they bang against the bag while walking, but that was easily solved by rolling them up and fixing them. First with a paperclip, later with a more sexy solution in the form of a velcro cable tie.

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #108 of 260
I was going to wait for the new J Crew Bowery bag to come out later in the month (may still buy one), but decided to get a leather bag for now.  I mainly wanted it for my iPad and  other gear (uDac, headphones, camera, magazines, etc..). 

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #109 of 260
Jul 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #110 of 260
I just bought myself a new bag, a Crumpler Cheesy Chick in the colour as shown on the pictures, called Roadkill Red. Fits my 13.3" Macbook Pro perfectly and the notebook pouch is removable for the little bit of extra space on the occasions where you don't need the computer.

Jul 26, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #112 of 260
anyone tried BagaBoo?

I need a superdurable,waterproof quite large bag..
bagaboo seems to fit the bill.
been looking at Seagull or bagaboo 
any imressions on either?

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #114 of 260
I have two messenger bags...a brown Nike Core Messenger Bag and a Logitech Kinetik Briefcase

Both are for 15" laptops so my HP Pavilion dv7 dont really fit where it should....
tongue.gif

I can put my dv7 in the Nike bag w/o problem but not in the pillowed case...not safe but better than nothing...

I think I'll sell the Logitech cos I have to stuff my laptop into it and its not good (yeah, I tought it can take a 17" laptop..and it can, but not in the pillowed case)...and its too bulky for me as well...looks great, and got a kinda professional look but I just dont like to use it...

I love the Nike though cos its perfect for school and everyday stuff...it can even take an A3 drawing board....yes it looks strange but I dont need to worry about the rain
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #116 of 260
51s5XkJ5mJL.jpg

So after obsessing and agonising only SLIGHTLY too much about what to buy, I've settled on this Fred Perry bag. I guess it's more of a shoulder bag than really a messenger but it will have to do. Cost me about $80 AUS including shipping to source from the UK, if anyone is interested I'll let you know if it's any good when it gets here.

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #117 of 260
First off, Jack Spade is fictional, so there is no "his bags" The guy is named Andy SpadeI'm a huge Bailey Works/RELoad/Seagull/PacDesigns fan. The small ones are TOUGH, and comfortable. Manhattan Portage and Timbuk2 have slid down in quality a bit and is now making stuff overseas, though they are more affordable. I wish someone did some thing that was a nice nylon bag that I could use with a suit that doesn't wear out my clothes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back