to the holiday season. As a result, the orders have been piling up. I just
got off the phone with the manager in Japan inquiring on the situation and
trying to remedy this situation. For the long run, we are already hiring
one more person to handle shipping. In the mean time, please be assured
that we are trying our best to ship out all orders, including yours. Once
again, we apologize for the delay. Please let me know of your further
comments or questions, if any. Thank you

Nov 27, 2002 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 26
you'd better email them back and tell him that the #1 reason why he has so many orders is because you're the one that has been promoting them all over the internet, and he should therefore take care of you first.

good luck, buddy.

Nov 27, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 26
wallijonn
HI: I should get no special service. I promote the ATs because I believe in them. If I turn a member on to a great can and he or she likes them that is my reward. I think we here at head-fi have swamped audiocubes with orders and in a short time we will be the lucky ones with outstanding headphones. Can you imagine all the reviews that will soon be coming our way. High end cans like the ATH-A1000 and ATH-W1000 will be thrilling members with great up front clear accurate sound. So I think that all the members should get credit for ordering AT headphones.
PS
This includes the ATH-A100ti and the ATH-W100

Nov 27, 2002 at 4:26 AM Post #5 of 26
What a coincidence. I sent an E-mail to Audiocubes with a similar question earlier today, and got nearly the same reply. I didn't get an anticipated shipping date either. Hope they get it sorted out soon.

Nov 27, 2002 at 4:31 AM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by gdahl
I didn't get an anticipated shipping date either.

aw man...we need reviews!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 4:32 AM Post #7 of 26
LT
Great review on the a100's - laughed about the dying part- You sold me for sure. Question though - I guess the A's are more "aggressive" than the W's. I like rock old and new and R&b and female vocals. Which one would you pick, I want to order my headphone tomorrow and I'll toss a coin if I have to (lol)
Thanks for any input-
Rich
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 6:59 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by headfonuswannabe
LT
Great review on the a100's - laughed about the dying part- You sold me for sure. Question though - I guess the A's are more "aggressive" than the W's. I like rock old and new and R&b and female vocals. Which one would you pick, I want to order my headphone tomorrow and I'll toss a coin if I have to (lol)
Thanks for any input-
Rich
smily_headphones1.gif

The hard part is, for rock a little more agressive can works better, and for vocals a can with a better midrange is better. From what I have read by those who owned the W100 there is almost nothing near its price range with a better sound all-around, especially the midrange.

Try reading this article on the W100 and see if anything stand out to help make a decision:

Tomcat's review

and this one comparing it to the Senn 600s:

Shivohum's Review

hope this helps!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2002 at 8:41 AM Post #11 of 26
ServinginEcuador,

Let's not forget about

Shivohum's second review: "Living with the ATH W100"

that he wrote when his W100 has had a couple of months more break-in. It didn't make it into the permanent reviews section. Regrettably, since Shivohum now thinks that the W100 is the "more insightful headphone" and more "fun to listen to" than the HD600. He now feels that the W100 has "developed an extroardinary eloquence of expression" and "genuinely phenomenal naturalness, microdynamics, and liquidity." I agree, of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

Uncledan,

I can't wait for your W1000 review either.
biggrin.gif
I'd be very interested to learn whether the W1000 is more forgiving than your W2002, smoother and harmonically richer. You see, I feel that the greatest and musically most accurate components ought to be able to let one listen to the music even with bad recordings.

Nov 27, 2002 at 2:54 PM Post #12 of 26
Considering the backlog at Audiocubes, now I'm even more glad that the UPS truck is slated Monday to bring me Shivohum's old W100's. That should keep me off the street until the W1000's arrive!

Nov 27, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #15 of 26
I got the W100's last week and I'm doing precisely what shivohum was... living with them. I'm going to listen to these exclusively for two weeks before I make up my mind.

"Great review on the a100's - laughed about the dying part- You sold me for sure. Question though - I guess the A's are more "aggressive" than the W's. I like rock old and new and R&b and female vocals. Which one would you pick, I want to order my headphone tomorrow and I'll toss a coin if I have to (lol)
Thanks for any input-"

So far, I prefer my ATH-A9X for rock and most recordings I've listened to so far. However, Pinback (acoustic, very mellow) sounded absolutely stunning through the W100's as did Chemical Brothers. I listened to At the Drive-In through them which is pretty fast / aggressive yet melodic and they didn't fare all too well with that.

The W100's seem round and warm to me which normally sound like complimenting adjectives but I think it depends on what you're listening to.

What do you listen to more... rock or R&B? W100's will sound better with the R&B / female vocals / anything mellow while the A series will sound great for everything. I was VERY pleased with my A9X's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back