We are extremely thrilled to announce the new Meridian Explorer2 headphone amp and DAC!
In addition to an upgraded power supply, the 24-bit/192kHz-capable Meridian Explorer2 includes an improved volume control with smaller steps for finer adjustment. Perhaps most importantly, the Explorer2 incorporates far more of Meridian's suite of custom-coded technologies--with significantly more DSP power than its predecessor--approaching the type of performance previously only available in Meridian's full-size components.
With greater processing horsepower on tap, the Explorer2 now upsamples all digital inputs to 176.4/192kHz (if the inputs are lower than 176.4/192), and now also includes Meridians' proprietary Apodising filter, which minimizes pre-ringing for a clearer, more transparent sound, while at the same time removing digital filter artifacts from earlier digital recordings so that they can actually sound better than they did in the studio.
True Meridian quality from a pocket Digital to Analogue Converter
Includes USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier
Meridian MQA Decoding and Rendering with LEDs to indicate authenticated master-quality replay
Full range of Meridian Resolution Enhancement technologies for ultimate performance: Apodising filter, 4x upsampling to 176.4/192kHz, Noise Shaping
Asynchronous USB Audio Class Compliant 2.0 HS 480Mb/s for best-in-class performance
Bus-powered; plugs into any computer with a USB port
Exceptionally high resolution (24-bit/192kHz)
6-layer circuit board with audiophile-grade components throughout
Auto-sensing headphone and 192kHz-derived fixed analogue outputs
Advanced headphone volume control: 0 to –100dB, ideal for sensitive headphones.
Ultimate playback performance limited only by the source material – makes any file sound its best
Compact, elegant and rugged metal enclosure
Cable connection to avoid motherboard stress
Hand made in the UK
Click here to find out more, and to order the new Meridian Explorer2, currently available exclusively at TTVJ for the same price as the original Explorer: $299.95 with free shipping!
Get your order in now and it will ship in plenty of time for the holidays! We expect to be shipping before December 1, 2014.
• USB mini type B.
• 3.5mm analogue line out, fixed 2v RMS.
• 3.5mm headphone jack with variable-level output, impedance 0.47Ω.
• Extruded Aluminium shell with moulded plastic endcaps and rubber foot.
• USB, nominal 5V at <500mA.
• Dual Tile XMOS DSP with 16 cores and 1000 MIPS
• USB audio class compliant 2.0 HS 480Mb/s bandwidth.
• Asynchronous: device is the clock source for high quality.
• Firmware upgrade via USB.
• Windows drivers provided, no drivers required for Macintosh OS X or Linux.
• Analogue volume control for headphone output, controlled from PC, control law modified to match connected OS.
• Macintosh OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard) or later
• Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 or later
• Linux kernel 2.6.37 or later and ALSA version 1.0.32 or greater
102 x 32 x 18mm (4.0 x 1.25 x 0.7in).