Memory stick/MP3 player
Dec 14, 2007 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fush

Head-Fier
Hi! I'm looking for an MP3 player that can also work as a memory stick for storing random data like documents, pictures etc. That means that it should have a built in USB port. Price range is up to $100. What are my best options here?

Dec 14, 2007 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 8
Players like these seems to become more and more a rarity. At least if you're looking for a player with a decent SQ.

A recommendable player I know is the Samsung YP-U2, IMHO the SQ was quite good and it has a built in USB-Port. Its successor, the U3, seems to be hissing. Maybe you can get them somewhere?

Dec 14, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #4 of 8
About any player than has the MSC option can be used. I am thinking of Cowon,Sandisk Sansa e200,Iriver,rockbox ipod,,,

Some even read SD or microSD card in addition to their internal memory. I have an old Truly with a 2gb SD card reader incorporated. Sandisk has many player with these options. For $100 you can find some used and new.

regards,

Dec 15, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #8 of 8
I think 2 GB would be plenty. After doing some research, and looking into the options suggested here, I'm thinking that the SanDisk Sansa Express would do the job. The only problem as far as I can see from the manual, is that it only works with Windows XP. So if I wanted to transfer files between a PC and a Mac, I can't use it. Has anyone here tried the Sansa Express?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back