1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Members only Sub Forums & Reviews

Discussion in 'Feedback & Bug Reports' started by taffy2207, Dec 5, 2019.
  1. taffy2207
    I think you should consider making certain sub forums 'Members Only Access' to encourage people to join up. The 2 obvious ones I can think of are the Music Forum and the For Sale Sub Forums.

I take part in a thread that gets approximately 1000 hits a day and it's as dead as a dodo apart from hits. I spend hours a day in it and I have no problem serving the head-fi community but guests? Meh, they should be encouraged to sign up IMHO.

When I was posting in the thread there was me and 26 guests, that's kinda bleak. The guest count has been a lot higher on occasion.

Also, I think you should consider requiring Members to hit a certain post count before they can write reviews to try to prevent fake reviews. There's a lot of companies and websites that are getting promoted on head-fi en masse in reviews that are not MOT / Sponsors. Also there's some reviewers not meeting the disclosure rules in reviews :-

https://www.head-fi.org/articles/posting-guidelines.14048/#disclosure

Just my thoughts.

As you were.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  2. AxelCloris Administrator
    Thank you for the suggestions. We'll pass them along to the team for consideration.

taffy2207 likes this.
  3. taffy2207
    Thank you kindly, good Sir :thumbsup: