Melbourne head-fi 2nd meet 2010
May 15, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #16 of 183
I'd like to attend this meet, and being a year 12 student, towards the end of June/early July works for me. I'm busy on weekends however... and seeing as everyone else would probably be working during weekdays, bummer.

In anycase, I'll help spread word and keep and eye on this thread for updates.
As for location, I would suggest my school, as it's pretty central and there is an annex that could hold such a function, but I'm not sure about costs and availability. If weekly Magic: The Gathering tourney's can be run there, I'm sure it could be organised or left as a last option. Where have past meets been held (Not incl. VU)?

May 15, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #17 of 183
I'm out if it's in June. I'm away till early August.

If it happens after, I've got some new gear to bring along (HD800, Magnum Grados V2, a nicely modded Melos Maestro etc).

May 15, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #18 of 183

Quote:

If it happens after, I've got some new gear to bring along (HD800, Magnum Grados V2, a nicely modded Melos Maestro etc).

Oh! That's so bad.... I hope to see you again in the upcoming meeting because I'll finish my master degree in July and my visa will be expired in August and I must go back to Thailand (I don't know that I might not be approved for extension of my visa due to my health problem). Actually, I plan to study for a semester to achieve another degree but it will depend on the government and university. 
frown.gif

May 16, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #21 of 183

Quote:
I'd like to attend this meet, and being a year 12 student, towards the end of June/early July works for me. I'm busy on weekends however... and seeing as everyone else would probably be working during weekdays, bummer.

As for location, I would suggest my school, as it's pretty central and there is an annex that could hold such a function, but I'm not sure about costs and availability. If weekly Magic: The Gathering tourney's can be run there, I'm sure it could be organised or left as a last option. Where have past meets been held (Not incl. VU)?

LAWL! 
Head-fi meet at our school gogo!

May 16, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #22 of 183

Quote:

Thanks for spreading the news =)
I am not quite sure about previous ones. But as I know there's no meet in 2009.2008's I think it was Wingate Avenue Community Centre as I did a search for precious thread. Not sure where they held the meet in 2007 thou.
Where's your sch at?

Quote:

Ummm would love to have u in the meet again!
Are u going out of state for holiday? haha

Quote:
Oh! That's so bad.... I hope to see you again in the upcoming meeting because I'll finish my master degree in July and my visa will be expired in August and I must go back to Thailand (I don't know that I might not be approved for extension of my visa due to my health problem). Actually, I plan to study for a semester to achieve another degree but it will depend on the government and university. 
frown.gif

Oh....
But seems the meet might be in June..as for now what the poll shows..

Quote:
I would say members would be fine paying $10.00 each

Ummm but depending of how many ppl will come, the hiring fee might be actually more than that I think. Need to double check.

Quote:
mate we could have the third one in Nov and have a ball  then :)

kaka
sounds good to me. But 3 meets in a year. That's a record.

Quote:
LAWL! 
Head-fi meet at our school gogo!

Which school? Pm me plz LOL

May 16, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #24 of 183
I'm happy to come any month you mention.... but it would be a cooler meet if Shawn were there :)

The Carnegie library would be a good venue, at least for me - very close and heaps of parking.

Might have an LCD-2 for people to try; and an O2Mk1 if it hasn't been sold by then.

May 16, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #25 of 183

Quote:
I'm happy to come any month you mention.... but it would be a cooler meet if Shawn were there :)

The Carnegie library would be a good venue, at least for me - very close and heaps of parking.

Might have an LCD-2 for people to try; and an O2Mk1 if it hasn't been sold by then.

Mate, what is your latest gear,I know you were selling your T1,I've heard about the LCD-2 what do you feel about them compared to the O2Mk1

May 16, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #26 of 183

Quote:

Carnegie library would be great. So close to me LOL
But I think needs hiring fees and deposit.
I will list a few possible venues links out and you guys can have a look.
Usually about 22.5/hr (+caretaker fee +insurance), plus bond...
pls see post#1.

May 16, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #27 of 183
Trysaeder, Cianyx and myself all go to the same school which is located in South Yarra, a few minutes walk from the station. I'm really not sure about how to go about organising it however; there's a group/association that's seperate from the school admin that run the venues etc.. Carnegie is actually close to me too though :)

May 16, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #28 of 183

Quote:
Trysaeder, Cianyx and myself all go to the same school which is located in South Yarra, a few minutes walk from the station. I'm really not sure about how to go about organising it however; there's a group/association that's seperate from the school admin that run the venues etc.. Carnegie is actually close to me too though :)

The thing is...I donno if it's possible to min. fee. Seems 2008's meet, the organizer had a way to get free hire from his community centre....ummm
I will call glen eira's service centre tmr or Tues and give it a ask. Paying for the hire fee is not too bad. Just not sure about the bond...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back