Melbourne head-fi 1st meet 2011
Jan 1, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #61 of 134
Oh wow another meet! I'll check if i'm able to come and email

I haven't got any new headphones since last time, but i have a couple of new amps and a good sound card

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #62 of 134

Quote:
Oh wow another meet! I'll check if i'm able to come and email

I haven't got any new headphones since last time, but i have a couple of new amps and a good sound card

Wow
Great! Let me know by Jan 5 with an email to confirm detials of yours!

Jan 2, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #63 of 134

Quote:
Any one can give me a lift to and fro from doncaster east?

Got quite a bit of gear. Probably need to cut down on what I will bring.

Currently in stax land but will be back in time for this meet.
Will have to decide then.

Hey PM me. I may come and pick you up in Doncaster.

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #64 of 134
Hi Yukari I've sent you an e-mail.

I'm interested in attending this meet to get some second opinions about my headsets, might even bring my awesome little speakers.  I used to be a headphone enthusiast many years back but picked up photography so haven't really used my stuff for a while now and wondering whether I should keep them.

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #67 of 134
email sent.
Buffalo B32s/HD800/HD540/Yamaha HP-2 (all balanced).
Toslink/coax off Macbook pro.
Could bring Yamaha CDX-1110 CD player if needed, just to play redbook CDs through B32s DAC (digital out only from CDX-1110 ATM).
Also could bring Jaycar HP amp (single-ended only, doesn't suit any of my HPs any more).

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #68 of 134

Quote:

I'm interested in attending this meet to get some second opinions about my headsets, might even bring my awesome little speakers.  I used to be a headphone enthusiast many years back but picked up photography so haven't really used my stuff for a while now and wondering whether I should keep them.

Are you "Sam"? cuz You didn't provide me your forum id in the email.
When you've decided to come, please email me details listed on post#1 in this thread to my email , thx=)

Quote:
Also, might be a silly question but why do people bring their laptops?  I thought the sound output wouldn't be as good as a proper sound system?

Laptops can be a ok source as long as file types, and dac are ok. Of course, there's always something better =P

Quote:
email sent.
Could bring Yamaha CDX-1110 CD player if needed, just to play redbook CDs through B32s DAC (digital out only from CDX-1110 ATM).
Also could bring Jaycar HP amp (single-ended only, doesn't suit any of my HPs any more).

Got your email. Thx.

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #69 of 134
I think we should organise some sort of 'quiet time' where we go into library mode so that everyone can enjoy their open headphones. I'd be a little hard to organise, but I think the start of every hour should have 5 minutes of this.

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #70 of 134
I think we should organise some sort of 'quiet time' where we go into library mode so that everyone can enjoy their open headphones. I'd be a little hard to organise, but I think the start of every hour should have 5 minutes of this.

mmm, otherwise it's hard enough to get an impression of what the open HP are like. Still, 5 mins/h will mean people have to somehow decide who calls dibs on quiet time for a hp :D

Also, would be nice if people don't wear hair product. I don't think we want to clean up gel/mouse from the headbands :D...:wink:

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #71 of 134
Hi yes Yukari! I'm glad you've addressed me by my name :)

Well mrsamo is my username, please add me to the list of attendees.  I'm not sure how useful I'll be but I'll come anyway.

I'll bring my Cowon D2 if that's good enough for a source.

Quote:
Quote:

Are you "Sam"? cuz You didn't provide me your forum id in the email.
When you've decided to come, please email me details listed on post#1 in this thread to my email , thx=)

Quote:
Also, might be a silly question but why do people bring their laptops?  I thought the sound output wouldn't be as good as a proper sound system?

Laptops can be a ok source as long as file types, and dac are ok. Of course, there's always something better =P

Quote:
email sent.

Got your email. Thx.

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #72 of 134
I usually wear caps, I do hope people clean behind the ears :-D

Quote:
Also, would be nice if people don't wear hair product. I don't think we want to clean up gel/mouse from the headbands
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #74 of 134
Slight problem:

Is anyone going by car from/close to the Greensborough/Montmorency area and is willing to give me a lift?

Joe's already picking up lots of people from Box Hill/Doncaster and I don't want to inconvenience him further/make everyone else wait (otherwise we'd get there by 12 lol). If I go to the Doncaster SC myself for the pickup, I'll only be able to bring very limited gear (probably a dac, an amp and 2xhp, although I don't really know how I'll end up carrying it (instead of nearly 3 amps, 3 dacs, 3 hp))

If some else can give me a lift from my place, and they have space in the car - it can be D100, MD11, SRM-1, Prometheus NOS DAC, 2 more amps and W5000, SA5000, SR-507, Pioneer Monitor 10 lol.

If no one is available, I'll come with Joe, but I'm thinking I'll only bring SRM1 and SR-507/W5000 and maybe D100. (I still don't really know how I'll drag it all the way to Doncaster on public transport)

p.s DHL screwed me up, so the Peter Rill built transistor amp will not be attending. They sent my parcel via sea mail... yea...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back