Melbourne head-fi 1st meet 2011
Dec 19, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #46 of 134
I hope I can make it. At a friend's from the 2nd to the 9th so if I do make it, I doubt I will have much gear with me :frowning2: Any specific gear people really want me to bring if I can make it??

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #47 of 134
I hope I can make it. At a friend's from the 2nd to the 9th so if I do make it, I doubt I will have much gear with me :frowning2: Any specific gear people really want me to bring if I can make it??

K1000 :D .... but I think you said your current one was a loaner pair or something, so probably not happening?
MisterX M^3

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #48 of 134
Haha yeah the K1000 are a loaner pair. Well, I've had them with me for quite a few months now haha. They are like kinda destroyed though haha. Grilles were taken off, different cable installed with another one on that as well (due to the other one being cut like 99% of the whole cable and then just some cheap speaker wire attached to that). I may leave HF-2 and MAD Ear+ HD at home. The MAD Ear+ HD seems to have developed a volume pot issue (when i turn up the volume one channel cuts out until i let go of the volume knob) and I will not be needing my HF-2 at my friends, so I would rather leave that at home. I may just bring necessary cables + MisterX M^3, DT880 recabled, Matrix Cube DAC + PS3. Also the K1000+T-Amp combo. The PS3 is really my only source to bring to a meet (PS1 cannot connect to a DAC and bringing my whole computer setup wouldn't be a good idea I don't think haha). That is still quite a few things to bring, so we shall see.

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #49 of 134
I may come if I am not crook or busy that day for whatever reason.

I don't have a lot as I am stuck with portables, just:

- TripleFi10
- SE530 (might disappear if I see no reason to keep it)
- Generic Cmoy (it's a little bit different than others though)
- HiFiMan HM-601
- Fiio E5 (for the lulz)
- Apple iBuds (to see how far we have come, we shall burn them in a pagan-like ritual [jks])

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #50 of 134

Quote:
I may come if I am not crook or busy that day for whatever reason.

I don't have a lot as I am stuck with portables, just:

- TripleFi10
- SE530 (might disappear if I see no reason to keep it)
- Generic Cmoy (it's a little bit different than others though)
- HiFiMan HM-601
- Fiio E5 (for the lulz)
- Apple iBuds (to see how far we have come, we shall burn them in a pagan-like ritual [jks])

When confirm, please email me =)
See post #1 for details.
Thx!

Dec 22, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #52 of 134
good stuff - shaping up to be a good meet with some varied equipment avail - very keen to hear a b22 - the denon etc as i'm thinking of getting those would be great to listen and compare...

surprised with the absence of the ubiquitous akg K701-2s...

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #55 of 134

Quote:
I might be able to make it. Currently have:

Amp: Red Wine Audio - Isabellina HPA  LFP-V Edition
Phones: HD800 (With DHC baby compliment cable) & LCD-2
Portables: SE530 & Atrio M8

Please email me to confirm =)

Quote:
@yukari, email sent 

Got it!

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #56 of 134
I'm on holidays for several weeks, so would be interested in coming along to my first head-fi meet if I'm free, i.e. if SWMBO hasn't organised something else for me...  :)

My Audio-GD NFB-3 just turned up today, so can bring that along.  Would love to hear it feeding the C-2, which I'm tempted to order in the next couple of days.  Currently feeding a Hifiman EF-2A tube HP amp (with upgraded tubes) and could bring that if anyone was interested.  My Beyerdynamic DT880/600 should have arrived from the US by then as well, so can bring them as well, although I see someone else is bringing theirs along.  Will send you an email once I can confirm I'm free.

I've also got a nice collection of HQ 24/96 music (of various genres) I can bring along - sourced from HDTracks, Linn, HQ vinyl rips etc.  Not really practical to bring my 27" iMac & 4Tb NAS along, so will need to work something out if anyone is interested.

BTW I should be able to give someone else a lift in the car.  Coming from across the other side of town near Taylors Lakes.

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #58 of 134

Quote:
I'm on holidays for several weeks, so would be interested in coming along to my first head-fi meet if I'm free, i.e. if SWMBO hasn't organised something else for me...  :)

My Audio-GD NFB-3 just turned up today, so can bring that along.  Would love to hear it feeding the C-2, which I'm tempted to order in the next couple of days.  Currently feeding a Hifiman EF-2A tube HP amp (with upgraded tubes) and could bring that if anyone was interested.  My Beyerdynamic DT880/600 should have arrived from the US by then as well, so can bring them as well, although I see someone else is bringing theirs along.  Will send you an email once I can confirm I'm free.

I've also got a nice collection of HQ 24/96 music (of various genres) I can bring along - sourced from HDTracks, Linn, HQ vinyl rips etc.  Not really practical to bring my 27" iMac & 4Tb NAS along, so will need to work something out if anyone is interested.

BTW I should be able to give someone else a lift in the car.  Coming from across the other side of town near Taylors Lakes.

Cool. Please check post #1 and email me to confirm, thx!

Quote:
Haven't confirmed yet, will bring K701 and Burson HA-160 (2nd gen-stepped pot-no low impedance tweak) if anyone wants to compare with the other Burson on the day.

Please check post #1 and email me to confirm, thx!

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #59 of 134
Wooooo
We have now 13 confirmed, approaching to my goal of 15!! With a range of nice gears...
For those who haven't yet email me,Please email to confirm by Jan 5th!

Thx!!

Dec 31, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #60 of 134
Any one can give me a lift to and fro from doncaster east?

Got quite a bit of gear. Probably need to cut down on what I will bring.

Currently in stax land but will be back in time for this meet.
Will have to decide then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back