Meier PCII with PlainView 9.6v
May 14, 2004 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MonkeyMan

100+ Head-Fier
After trying out my new PlainView 9.6v, I've gotta say I never thought I'd get excited about a battery, but holy crap does this thing have BALLS!
eek.gif

I suggest anyone using an amp with 9v batteries give the PlainViews a try
icon10.gif

May 14, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 3
i spend 13 freeking dollar at ratshack for 1 rechargable battery. its only 8.4volts.
mad.gif

what was the improvement the battery deliver?
where do you buy it and how much does it cost? i'll try to get some once i make some money.

May 14, 2004 at 1:48 PM Post #3 of 3
Here are links to the very best batteries of which I know:

PlainView 9.6V 170 mAh NiMH Battery

iPowerUS FC-501 Battery Charger

POWEREX 1.2V 800 mAh NiMH AAA Battery

CTA 1.2V 2400 mAh NiMH AA Battery

These ironically cost the same as, or more often than not are less expensive, than are their inferior counterparts. Battery technologies improve at a fairly quick pace, so it's worth looking around once in a while.

I'd say that for source components, you probably will realize little if any noticeable sonic improvement. What you will notice is durability (e.g. longer run time before a recharge is needed).

This is not the case, however, with amplifiers. If you are on a limited budget, I'd first go after the very best batteries available for your amplifier.

What is the sonic difference? You get more of everything! Listen for yourself and I think you will agree.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
i spend 13 freeking dollar at ratshack for 1 rechargable battery. its only 8.4volts.
mad.gif

what was the improvement the battery deliver?
where do you buy it and how much does it cost? i'll try to get some once i make some money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back