Meier Eartube-has anyone heard it
Mar 20, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 12
I don't think it's actually available yet. I know that Todd (the vinyl junkie) was supposed to get in a demo a long time ago and I've never heard a peep about that and I have yet to hear about a single purchase here on Head-Fi.

I know I'm curious!

Nate

Mar 20, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #3 of 12
Didn't it get sent to Hirsch for a while at one point? I remember liking it. It had a similar character to the AudioValve RKV, except without the masterful bass (still good bass, though), IIRC.

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #7 of 12
Well, I'd suggest calling Todd but something tells me that he's, uh, a little busy today
smily_headphones1.gif
. Perhaps later this week I'll drop him an email and see what's up.

Nate

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Well, I'd suggest calling Todd but something tells me that he's, uh, a little busy today
smily_headphones1.gif
. Perhaps later this week I'll drop him an email and see what's up.

Nate

OK, so I'm thick. Is he busy today because of this amp? What am I missing?

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruppin
OK, so I'm thick. Is he busy today because of this amp? What am I missing?

There are approximately 20 HF-1s going on sale today at noon, it'll be the feeding frenzies to end all frenzies.

Apr 6, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #12 of 12
Well, I am the guy who posted the article quoted by palchiu. I can't figure out precisely how the sound is. In my oppinion, Eartube is quite like Prehead (or HA): fast, pretty wide sound stage, and airy. One thing different is slightly warmer than HA, prehead series, but not regularly warm or slow like the normal tube-amp that we know.

By the way, all you guys who have interests could search the old posts in Head-fi, and there are two or more that I totally agree with their comments. They are more precisely though.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back