Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 6, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #211 of 1,165
koto-in - that would require me to take 650s off my head!
600smile.gif

I'll try in a min
icon10.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #216 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by onedigit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought this power supply today (NU40-2120300-11). It is a switching power supply and I was told that it would be the same as a regulated power supply. I had to change the connector at the end to the smaller one specified. Can anyone comment on this before I use it? I’ve asked for Jan’s input as well.

http://soldertoolsdepot.com/Category...Y_16308_PS.asp
OD

Any EEs around that know enough about these circuits to say if they can handle 3A?

Do you have a decent multimeter to test if it's output is really close to 12v? If it's not hanging around 12.050 or somewhere around that its probably not regulated. If its 13+vdc you are pushing your luck using it. Also, its a good idea to confirm that the inside pole is still + and the sheath is -.

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #217 of 1,165
Thanks itsborken, I’ll have to borrow a multimeter I guess and check that out. If this works it seems to be a pretty inexpensive solution. I will pass on my findings when my Move gets to me.
OD

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #219 of 1,165
Yeah when someone is able to verify a cheap, working power supply solution, like at radioshack, please let us know, I'll be looking for one. Thanks

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #220 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah when someone is able to verify a cheap, working power supply solution, like at radioshack, please let us know, I'll be looking for one. Thanks

The one I got from Jameco works fine and is regulated, linear 12vdc 500ma. It ran $13.14 and another .95 for the correct sized barrel plug (+tax+s/h). Parts number are in an earlier post in this thread.

Jul 7, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #221 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by onedigit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone having trouble opening the Move manual? I’ve tried this on several machines and Word cannot open it? Jan said it may have something to do with gif files but Word seems to be able to handle gifs ok on my machine?

A hard copy is come with the package, with detail description.

Jul 7, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #222 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any EEs around that know enough about these circuits to say if they can handle 3A?

Do you have a decent multimeter to test if it's output is really close to 12v? If it's not hanging around 12.050 or somewhere around that its probably not regulated. If its 13+vdc you are pushing your luck using it. Also, its a good idea to confirm that the inside pole is still + and the sheath is -.

Don't worry, in generally the designer should have some reservation in case for any problem. I have tried to drive it up to 15VDC for hours and still no problem. Surely if possible, don't follow me because you will have your own risk to damage this device.
cool.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #223 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A hard copy is come with the package, with detail description.

No doubt, but I will eventually lose the hard copy as I always do. I much prefer electronic documentation if possible for several reasons. I wish it were available in pdf.

Nothing to do but whine while I wait for my Move…

OD

Jul 7, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #224 of 1,165
Just received my Move yesterday, have to commend the excellent service from Meier Audio and the very prompt replies to my enquiries.

Just giving it a few hours burn in now but quite happy with the quick listen with ATH-EW9s and W5000s using battery power. Currently running the E-Sound Signature through it.

Now quite tempted to maybe try something a bit further up the line like the Opera.

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:09 PM Post #225 of 1,165
Does the current capacity of the power supply effect the performance of the MOVE as long as you have one that handles more than 50 mA (as recommended in the user manual of the MOVE)? I have found power supplies that handles far more...everything from 500 mA up to 5,0 A at 12V. Does it matter? Are the ones being able to handle a higher current making the MOVE perform better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back