Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 4, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #197 of 1,165
Can anyone comment on the difference with using a 12v external supply (as opposed to usb/battery).

I just got one today and am running at 12V on 650s. Seems to be a big improvement in clarity, bit more enthusiastic PRaT-wise with more impact. Pretty much what you expect by cranking up the voltage
smily_headphones1.gif

Personally I don't find USB power to be sufficient for 650s and batteries are a pain for desktop use, since there is no on-board charging circuitry. The external supply makes life easier
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #198 of 1,165
The battery turns off when powered by USB right? So there wouldn't be any improvement in sound quality if I put in a battery while using the USB?

Jul 4, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #199 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by nautikal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The battery turns off when powered by USB right?

Only when set to low current mode. The amp automatically chooses the higher voltage supply.

In high current mode, the amp will run off the 9V battery instead of 5V usb power.

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #200 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by koto-in /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only when set to low current mode. The amp automatically chooses the higher voltage supply.

In high current mode, the amp will run off the 9V battery instead of 5V usb power.

Oh okay that's good. It's set to high current and high gain default right?

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #201 of 1,165

Yup. The power's amazingly simple to operate - completely seamless transition between power options available - for example, you can change your battery while connected to USB (high current mode) and it'll switch from battery to USB to new battery without stopping playback. Then plug your external supply in and it'll switch to that. Unplug the supply, back to battery... you get the idea
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #202 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by senny-ftw /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. The power's amazingly simple to operate - completely seamless transition between power options available - for example, you can change your battery while connected to USB (high current mode) and it'll switch from battery to USB to new battery without stopping playback. Then plug your external supply in and it'll switch to that. Unplug the supply, back to battery... you get the idea
smily_headphones1.gif

Yea I just put a battery in and I had to turn the volume down a bit. It also sounds clearer and more succinct with the battery.

Jul 5, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #204 of 1,165
Well after reading all 11 pages of this thread, I cannot resist
very_evil_smiley.gif
This is exactly what I've been looking for to replace my soundcard and drive my sr-225s. So to order, you email meier-audio@t-online.de correct?

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #206 of 1,165
Quote:

Indeed
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-on...howtoorder.htm

ah thank you. order is placed, now the waiting begins...
I read through this whole thread but I couldn't really find any good things about crossfeed. It seems to reduce soundstage, but I read that it is well done in the MOVE and is worth it. What does crossfeed help with?

Jul 6, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #208 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read through this whole thread but I couldn't really find any good things about crossfeed. It seems to reduce soundstage, but I read that it is well done in the MOVE and is worth it. What does crossfeed help with?

I think try it yourself when you have it arrived, don't just listen. At least there are people turn on this feature any time, and some of them feedback the crossfeed is implemented well in MOVE.

Jul 6, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #209 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can check the explanation of crossfeed from Jan's website. To use it or not is heavily dependent on the recordings. Some recordings have the instruments recorded in separate channels, and crossfeed is mostly good for this case. My belief is, if you don't like it, don't use it.

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-on.../crossfeed.htm

Jul 6, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #210 of 1,165
Quote:

Yea I just put a battery in and I had to turn the volume down a bit. It also sounds clearer and more succinct with the battery.

Yep - you'll get a similar leap with 12V supply.

...depending on the impedance of the cans. The amp may be current-limited with low impedance cans and no more power will be available despite an increase in voltage.

Senny-ftw - you have MS1's. Could you comment on the perceivable difference in gain with them under various voltage settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back