Meier-Audio third jubileum sales. Buy yourself the new CORDA ARIA!
Dec 13, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #31 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by raylpc
No, it's not going to work that way.

There might be a very slim chance that you can get a sound card that has a digital in, and feed it with your CD player's digital out. And in some way reroute the digital in of your sound card to Aria's USB input. Sounds clumpsy right? So forget about that.
smily_headphones1.gif
Just rip your CDs and play them on your computer.

I'm not going to use a sound card. I want to use the digital out of my CD player DIRECTLY into the Aria, on the guess that the Aria's internal D/A is superior to the CD player's analog out feeding a LONG cable to the analog input of the Aria.
I can't be the only person thinking of this, can I?

Dec 13, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #32 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by windowman
I'm not going to use a sound card. I want to use the digital out of my CD player DIRECTLY into the Aria, on the guess that the Aria's internal D/A is superior to the CD player's analog out feeding a LONG cable to the analog input of the Aria.
I can't be the only person thinking of this, can I?

The Aria does not have a digital input in the traditional sense. You can use either plain ole analog RCAs or USB for hooking directly to your computer. What you're wanting can not be accomplished with the Aria. Sorry.

Dec 13, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #33 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by windowman

You could use a S/PDIF-to-USB converter. The Edirol seems to be reliant on the power from the USB port though, and I'm not sure if the Aria's will deliver it.

Dec 13, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #34 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
You could use a S/PDIF-to-USB converter. The Edirol seems to be reliant on the power from the USB port though, and I'm not sure if the Aria's will deliver it.

I am sure that converter can't be used to connect to the usb-in from the Aria. Since both, the Aria and the Edirol converter would both work like an USB-Soundcard (when connecting to a computer) a direct connection between those two usb devices is not possible. Some sort of translation of the signal is needed, which is done using a computer and a driver (standard drivers within the OS).

An external dac would be needed, which rca outs would connect to the Arias rca in's. That is the only option.

Dec 13, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #35 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
The 2 other amps I bought from Meier took about 10 days.

And with the holidays, we can likely add one or two days on top of that. I think most of us in the U.S. are probably unlikely to get them before Christmas, but that just means two Christmases back-to-back this year.
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #36 of 138
Hi Jan, have the ARIA's arrived yet? I've been checking this thread a few times an hour today.

Dec 14, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #38 of 138
Dear Headfellows,

Look what I got today!

63 big parcels, total weight 3300 pounds! I just shifted everything into my house. My poor back is broken!

garage.jpg

As you can see, these are indeed pretty large boxes.

bigparcel.jpg

Inside each box there are 8 smaller boxes

smallparcels.jpg

Open one of the small boxes and you will see something very blue!

bluefoam.jpg

Remove the cover. Surprise! Surprise!

blueamp.jpg

Yep, it's an ARIA allright!

:)

grayamp.jpg

For those interested, yesterday I finished the user-manual:

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-on...abedienung.pdf

Tonight and tomorrow I will do some extensive testing. If all goes well first amps will be shipped on friday.

Cheers

Jan

Dec 14, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #39 of 138
Awesome news!
icon10.gif
those are indeed beautiful!

Dec 14, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #41 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
Dear Headfellows,

Tonight and tomorrow I will do some extensive testing. If all goes well first amps will be shipped on friday.

Cheers

Jan

Looks like there‘s something wrong with the PDF-file. Mac OS X-Preview hangs completely and Adobe Reader has problems with some pages and the pictures. But there is still enough to get my mouth wet…

Toddy

Dec 14, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #42 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier

Thanks for this. But please check to see if there's a problem with the file. Under OS X 10.3.4 Adobe's Reader 7.0 reports corrupt data, and most of the illustrations are missing. Apple's Preview 2.1.1 shows the first page (blank in Adobe Reader 7) and then hangs.

Dec 14, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #43 of 138
Jan that is AWESOME news! Oh man those look cool. I can't wait to get mine!!!

Dec 14, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #45 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by trbl
Thanks for this. But please check to see if there's a problem with the file. Under OS X 10.3.4 Adobe's Reader 7.0 reports corrupt data, and most of the illustrations are missing. Apple's Preview 2.1.1 shows the first page (blank in Adobe Reader 7) and then hangs.

same here, using windows and acrobat reader 7.0.5 and all available updates. tried to open the file on several computers, same result on all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back