Meeting of truly remarkable giants and a possible heads up for Transmission audios Ribbon headphones
Jul 30, 2010 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Deadmeat20

New Head-Fier
Today I had the good change to speak directly to the man behind Transmission audio (known from retailer Higher-fi )and he has show interest in meeting at swedens biggest high-end store during The 2010 head-fi swedish meet to find out about competition for his project on a Ribbon headphone.

He was thinking about doing the headphone project right after the Preliminary orders of his ultimate extreme system was confirmed.

Also a friend of mine who has been working on "Above Top-of-the-line" projects will be in meeting with him and something might come up for all of us.

Having the worlds Finest headphones,Speakers and two Giants meeting will be utterly interesting in coming projects for both speakers and headphones, together with Electronics and whatnot.

I personaly will be able to come in conntact with each anytime and am looking forward to see what this really can come to.

A great way to find out more about what can be achieved will be hard to find and We can always see if there is something to come sooner or later
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 43
Subscribe. Exchanged a few emails with Bo Bengtsson during the last 1-2 years, and know a few interesting details.

According to the official website, they should offer a 1khz square wave like this (though it is not of the headphones, it is of the same brand true ribbon tweeters):

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 43
Been waiting for those ribbon headphones. I thought a prototype was suppose to be out pretty soon.

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #5 of 43

Quote:
cool so much info...

I dunno whether I can post other info, as it was given via email by the company founder. Nevertheless, still little is known about these headphones, but they should come out in few months, and we'll know much more soon.

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #7 of 43
popcorn.gif

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #9 of 43
subscribed. I also was in touch with TA for the ribbon drivers (speaekrs not HP).

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #10 of 43
I just shot them an e-mail, waiting for their answer...

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #12 of 43
Still nothing on the horizon...

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #14 of 43
nope. I"ll try to give them a call tomorrow..

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #15 of 43
Well, nevertheless, they'll be at Munich hifi show. Let's hope for some news about the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back