Meeting of truly remarkable giants and a possible heads up for Transmission audios Ribbon headphones
Sep 13, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #31 of 43
Sep 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #32 of 43
I've just sent another email to T.A., just in case...

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #33 of 43
I think it's really wise to give up. After thinking, I've realised that it's the same answer he gave me 1-2 years ago.
I think they will release the headphones when I'll be over with the university, and will be able to put speakers in my house with no problem
redface.gif

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #34 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BO from transmission audio :
Code:
 Hi Corentin, Thank you for your mail. Sorry for the delays!! The headphone should have been ready long time ago but like so many other small manufacturers one gets trapped in all kinds of issues. The speakers takes 110% of my time, the ribbon drivers fort DIY audio is requested for more than I could ever imagine. So what is one supposed to do? The right answer is hire more staff. To quote yourself: "hi, don't worry we're working this out !" :-) Best regards, /Bo

No news, but at least they answered.

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #36 of 43
  Whatever happened to ribbon headphones, whether from RAAL or Transmission Audio? 

Nothing, or so it seems. Pretty sad about it actually.

Feb 8, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #38 of 43

Yep. They probably couldn't solve the technical challenges (making it transformerless, etc)

Perhaps... Or they might just be too busy making 100K$+ speaker systems.

I'll send them just another e-mail, you never know.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #39 of 43
Hi Corentin!

Yes we are (working on the new cans). As soon as we have catched up with all other committments we have.

I am afraid the most correct answer here is "ASAP".
Best regards,
/Bo Bengtsson

One day boys, one day...

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #43 of 43
I was VERY interested in their clip on ribbon tweeter for carfi use, it was in 2010 or so, then I forget my car fi project, but I am thinking about true ribbon again, and checked their website, found this headphone project, and try to get news.
Would someone have some news about this project from Transmission audio?
And would someone explain quickly the process especially the polar orientation of the magnets, I would think about N-S on frontal axis.
If I read poperly, it seems they met problems with too low impedance, maybe it would be possible to replace aluminum for a less conductive material (titanium?) to get less conductivity, and then increase impedance?!

News:

"This headphone is a low impedance design that has to be fed signal via the regular speaker output terminals from the amplifier. This makes sensitivity a relaitve thing. 1W input @ 8 Ohm will most likely damage your hearing. As we don't want to get sued for causing people hearing damages, we are forced to work on a kind of protection circuit.

Problem here is this circuit is audible... We are still working on it...

Best regards,"

It'll be ready when they iron out the issues of the additional circuitry. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There has been absolutely no new information about this ribbon headphone driver that Transmission audio just have hanged up as a decoration on their web page 
300_Eardriver.jpg

No news is bad news 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back