Meet the Sennheiser IE 80 S
Dec 21, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #62 of 89
The 80s has a sensitivity of 116 while the 80 has a sensitivity of 126 this should make the 80 louder if understand the science correctly.

Dec 22, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #64 of 89
However you look at it, they're a huge improvement on the ie8s which aren't good at all in my opinion. Personally I'm enjoying them, as for db output just turn up the volume on your player!!

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #65 of 89
Can someone tell me if IE80S users the same cable as the old IE80? I am asking because I have a set of broken/exploded IE80 and a Toxic cable to go with them. I want to continue using the cable in case I buy the new IE80S. Thanks.

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #67 of 89
For me the weaker bass in the IE 80 S is disapointing. After geting use to the IE 80 strong bass, I am always waiting to get the same bass level on the IE 80 S, but it’s not there. The vocals on the IE 80 S are clearer, the background noises are weaker, the mids are stronger, the bass respons is incredibble fast, however it lacks the bass. It is like swiss watch’s precision in sounds, without background noises from the music. But sometimes I would like to trade that precision for the IE 80 bass.

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #68 of 89
For me the weaker bass in the IE 80 S is disapointing. After geting use to the IE 80 strong bass, I am always waiting to get the same bass level on the IE 80 S, but it’s not there. The vocals on the IE 80 S are clearer, the background noises are weaker, the mids are stronger, the bass respons is incredibble fast, however it lacks the bass. It is like swiss watch’s precision in sounds, without background noises from the music. But sometimes I would like to trade that precision for the IE 80 bass.
Actually your expectation has been meet since you have both 80 and 80s.

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #69 of 89
Actually my expectation doesn’t have been meet, since I bought the IE 80 S for my wife and the IE 80 for myself. We where choosing the IE 80 S because there where no IE80 in our country, and there where no informations that the IE 80 S is different in this (earlier mentioned) way.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #72 of 89
Actually my expectation doesn’t have been meet, since I bought the IE 80 S for my wife and the IE 80 for myself. We where choosing the IE 80 S because there where no IE80 in our country, and there where no informations that the IE 80 S is different in this (earlier mentioned) way.

I agree that 80's bass quantity is charming.

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #73 of 89
Isn't is possible to boost the bass intensity of 80S by adjusting that tiny screw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back