Meet the HD 598 Special Edition
Oct 30, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #31 of 379
Marketing.

Ok, let's put out a headphone of the weirdest of color. In time due to the price and sonic reputation it will sell.

Many will buy it in spite of the color. Many will maybe get used to the color and still buy.

At that exact moment when we sold enough, we will release it in the correct color, and storm the market place.

This way we sell boxes of old technology right before we discount the superior up-line gear. Lol.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #33 of 379

Ok, let's put out a headphone of the wierdest of color. In time due to the price and sonic reputation it will sell.

Many will buy it in spite of the color. Many will maybe get used to the color and still buy.

At that exact moment when we sold enough, we will release it in the correct color, and storm the market place.

This way we sell boxes of old technology right before we discount the superior up-line gear. Lol.

Must be working. Second post bought one and aftermarket cable.
darthsmile.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #34 of 379
  Yes it works out at $360 dollars for the HD650 in the UK

That's because the HD6X0 are made in Ireland. The logistical cost saving is obviously passed on to the customer.

beerchug.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #37 of 379
I notice a recent trend for sennheiser to use black colour for their latest models.
I can only guess the reason for being so after owning HD800 AND HD598

- grey paint peeling for HD800, revealing the black plastic material.
- beautiful HD598's yellow headband is easily dirty and hard(or impossible) to remove stain.  You hardly notice them if they are in black.

also possible that by keeping them in standard black also lower their cost of production.

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #39 of 379
  Well... this is a bit unusual. Unfamiliar people would think that the beige and brown would be the special edition, but it turns out it's the one with banal color scheme.

Nice to see a shorter cable though. All I really need is a 1.2m for my desktop. And for those who actually use 598s as portables... I've seen more than a few people do that.

Exactly what i thought as well.

About the cable i need a long cable and i got used to this beige and brown look, tbh if i would buy one 598 for the first time i would buy the beige (i think) just because i would thought that would be the special ed.

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #40 of 379
i have the old hd 558's and in my opinion, best headphones you can get for ~200 dollars. They're a jack of all trades, master of none. 

Mind you, i have them modded pretty good...

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #41 of 379
  i have the old hd 558's and in my opinion, best headphones you can get for ~200 dollars. They're a jack of all trades, master of none. 

Mind you, i have them modded pretty good...

Agreed. 

You know what. I once A/Bed the 598 against the Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited.
Guess what, 598 wins in every aspects: resolution, transparency, you name a term. 

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #42 of 379

- beautiful HD598's yellow headband is easily dirty and hard(or impossible) to remove stain.  You hardly notice them if they are in black.

Hair dye aside, how would the headband get stained?

confused.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #43 of 379
A company named ISI Poly industries makes a cleaner called simply "Leather and Vinyl cleaner" comes in a white spray can. It'll clean em! You can also try saddle soap.

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #44 of 379
A company named ISI Poly industries makes a cleaner called simply "Leather and Vinyl cleaner" comes in a white spray can. It'll clean em! 

+1 Yes, I actually use a similar product from ISI Poly that not only cleans but conditions and protects as well. It actually came with my leather couch. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back