MEET IMPRESSIONS AND PICTURES - 2010 CanJam Chicago
Jul 9, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #541 of 549
Returning to New York sounds great, but I really think that Chicago had the timing right with early June.  Just another $.02 for your consideration Aaron and JP.

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #543 of 549
early june would indeed match up better with the many academic institutions in the area (and the associated head-fi'ers therein)

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #544 of 549
Timing isn't a problem here. I'll make the time no matter when it is.

As for location, NYC or thereabouts would be great. I've never been to New York and would love to see it. This year, I put CanJam in front of a 10 day vacation where I roamed around the Great Lakes afterward. I'd love to do the same next year and poke around New England for awhile.

I'll do what I can to bring some gear next year, too. I was disappointed not to see a K-1000 in Chicago and should have packed mine, at the very least. Might try to ship in an amp, too.

Jul 10, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #545 of 549
Yeah, the whole shipping thing worked out great for me. I had two packages sent to the Hyatt (one from myself and another from Bottlehead in Wa).  I just had ta think a little ahead so it would be waiting for me when I got there.
I think the hotel charged me $5 each for handling and since there was a FedEx/Kinko's in house, I just shipped it out Sunday evening. I think there would've been an additional charge by the Hyatt if my package was over 50lbs. Also, if I'd had an account with either UPS or FedEx, the Concierge would've taken care of the whole thing.
While I was in the FedEx room, Dan Lavery was shipping his stuff back home and we had a nice little talk.
Altogether a very painless way to go I thought.
Heck, the airlines charge for check in now anyway, and their gorillas will make UPS or FedEx look like little girls.

Jul 11, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #546 of 549
I've always wanted to see NYC.  Now to get permission...that's another matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back