MEET IMPRESSIONS AND PICTURES - 2010 CanJam Chicago
Jun 6, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #61 of 549

Quote:
had no doubt that the TPs would measure well. 
L3000.gif
 I think Colin is using a damping method similar to what dBel84 did on Steve's pair..maybe not identical..but close. Hope Tyll puts all the measurements up on the site..would love to see how far off the TPs are compared to the LCD-2.

^^ Thanks for the impressions 
smily_headphones1.gif

YW.

Tyll said that he's going to make a PDF file of all the hobbiest headphones.  It will likely be separate from the main database, but the PDF will definitely end up posted somewhere....

Jun 6, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #63 of 549
To my ears, the best sounding thing I heard at the show was the Bottlehead Crack amplifier.  That thing beat all those $5,000 amps IMHO

Here's some photos.  The Woo Room was very fancy!

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #66 of 549
Jun 6, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #67 of 549
Jun 6, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #70 of 549
1. Can anyone comment on the CEntrance DACmini 24/96 USB DAC amp with SPDIF and line in/out?  I'd like to hear more about that, and see some pics please.

2. Can anyone comment on whether the JHA-3A S/PDIF input is coax or optical yet?

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #71 of 549
I agree on a lot of the observations made so far, and I would like to echo some of them. Here are my brief comments after today:

1. He-6 is indeed nice, but at that price point, I would prefer to go for Audeze LCD-2 or the Beyerdynamic T1s.
2. Wow LCD-2 + that liquid Cavali is INCREDIBLE. LCD-2 is excellent in general.
3. The RSA Protector really can drive full size cans well, the size factor has proved me wrong.
4. JH-16s are slightly too bassy to me actually. But they are still excellent.
5. Woo audio room was great. The Wu family were extremely nice and even had a nice chat with Dad Wu. My favorite was the Woo 5.
6. Less people than I expected, but still an overall great experience. I wish there were more user rigs as well. Having the vendors were definetly nice but way too many T1s and HD800s around! I guess that's not a bad thing.
7. Thanks for organizing this event, and I applaud the Chicago hosts. It really was an eye opener to me!
8. Almost everyone was very friendly and helpful, especially to me, as a novice in this field. I appreciated your patience for everything. 

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #72 of 549
JHA-3A input will be coax, no optical will be considered as far as I am told. However, there is also a usb input for digital...

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #73 of 549

Quote:
JHA-3A input will be coax, no optical will be considered as far as I am told. However, there is also a usb input for digital...

I read elsewhere that the USB would be for programming but not music.  It appears that if one has a Macbook that the coax input would necessitate using a USB > Coax adapter like the Nuforce uDAC or other products.  Too bad it doesn't have optical for using an iRiver or portable CD player (or PS3), or to connect to a Macintosh natively.

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #74 of 549
Did anyone get to hear the hifiman HE-4's. 

And if so, how do they compare to the HE-5LE and HE-6?

Jun 6, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #75 of 549

Quote:

that seems like an....interesting decision to me if its the case the USB is for uploading info to the XO....thanks 

for all the pics guys, wish I was there; maybe next year as this one kinda snuck up really quickly after last years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back