MEET IMPRESSIONS AND PICTURES - 2010 CanJam Chicago
Jun 5, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #17 of 549

Quote:
I posted a few more pics, and a few captions.  I will take more tomorrow - had a time constraint today unfortunately.

I should add - the meet was SUPER well organized, and great fun!

The Rudistor cans sounded REALLY good to me.  Smoother than Grados.  Nice detail.  I hate Grado pads, though, and that is what was on these - so will be interested to know what the final pads are like.  They showed a lot of promise, though!

The Pinnacle also sounded great in my brief audition - really good with the T1 - far better than a few other amps I heard driving the T1.

The Pinnacle did sound great with my Zeus Balanced T1 as well.  The Pinnacle was paired with the new Meridian 808.3 and Cardas Clear cables.  It was my favorite rig of course there really were not that many balanced rigs being shown by vendors today.  

I am definitely going to spend more time in Todds room listening.  Additionally Todd had the Peak with the optional power supply connected to the Meridian and it sounded darn good with an unbalanced T1.  The T1 really do love tubes driving them.  

The Woo Audio Room was always packed as they had so much to audition.  I listened to the W22 with my T1 and it sound pretty good but the source was not close to the same level as the Meridian and you could tell but it was still very good and for less than 10% of the cost of the Pinnacle/Meridian set up, says a lot.

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #19 of 549

Quote:

The Pinnacle did sound great with my Zeus Balanced T1 as well.  The Pinnacle was paired with the new Meridian 808.3 and Cardas Clear cables.  It was my favorite rig of course there really were not that many balanced rigs being shown by vendors today.  

I am definitely going to spend more time in Todds room listening.  Additionally Todd had the Peak with the optional power supply connected to the Meridian and it sounded darn good with an unbalanced T1.  The T1 really do love tubes driving them.  

The Woo Audio Room was always packed as they had so much to audition.  I listened to the W22 with my T1 and it sound pretty good but the source was not close to the same level as the Meridian and you could tell but it was still very good and for less than 10% of the cost of the Pinnacle/Meridian set up, says a lot.

The Apex line has my interest "peaked" (sorry)....

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #20 of 549
more pics please 
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #21 of 549
The pictures I took weren't really interesting, just amps that I found very nice.

Right before the raffle I was in the WooAudio room and tried the WA2 with the T1s. I am still blown away by how incredible those T1s sounded (and not to mention the WA2). I tried the DT990s and the T1s and the T1s were in a whole other dimension where it sounded 'just right'.

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #22 of 549

Quote:
The pictures I took weren't really interesting, just amps that I found very nice.

Right before the raffle I was in the WooAudio room and tried the WA2 with the T1s. I am still blown away by how incredible those T1s sounded (and not to mention the WA2). I tried the DT990s and the T1s and the T1s were in a whole other dimension where it sounded 'just right'.

You should still post the pics!!!!

The T1 was sure being used a LOT to demo amps, I noticed
L3000.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #25 of 549

Quote:
.. but I'm hoping for a few minutes with a Beyer T1. And maybe a few minutes with the HE-60 paired with the ExStata on the Cavalli table.  

The Cavalli sounded great.  I'd also, like to hear it paired with the T1.

If you get the chance, listen to the T1 paired with the Woo Audio WA2.  I'm almost to the point of stalking that combo!

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #26 of 549
L3000.gif

Quote:

Please post Pic's NOW!! Thank You.....
popcorn.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #27 of 549
The T1 certainly was out in force, which made it easy for me to demo them with many different systems. Sadly, I wasn't able to borrow one to try out with my own system, since nearly every T1 I saw was being used by a vendor. I also have a few pics taken with my D90 which I can upload as soon as I get them off my camera and processed. 

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #28 of 549
i truly enjoyed seeing some familiar faces and showing them A) the HD 800 avec Red Wine Audio Isabellina (WOW) and B) seeing the looks on everyone's faces when they try the new RS 180 and RS 170.

the guys from monster are very nice and fun to talk to and hang with, as are my other neighbors from music direct (they define "selection"...wow...great stuff in those crates).

i saw a lot of great portable rigs-- its incredible to see how this has evolved since Queens. the amp community continues to grow, and TTVJ's balanced 800 out of the apex tube amp was also very very very exquisite :D

can't wait to do it all again tomorrow!

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #29 of 549
Nice pic Rob!

Most of the captions said good but which amp sounds better than your leben? Hee Hee... :
dt880smile.png

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #30 of 549

Quote:
The T1 certainly was out in force, which made it easy for me to demo them with many different systems. Sadly, I wasn't able to borrow one to try out with my own system, since nearly every T1 I saw was being used by a vendor. I also have a few pics taken with my D90 which I can upload as soon as I get them off my camera and processed

L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back