Meet DUNU's Newest Addition to Our Modular Cables, AMBER!
Jul 27, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #106 of 150
Got the amber and used twice, each for 2 hours. Still too early to comment on the sound quality. However, I need to warn anybody who want to buy Amber for their Sony Z1R, Amber may not be a good choice for the MMCX connector.

Today I try to do an A/B test between Amber and stock cable. I have a very hard time to remove one of the cable from Z1R after more than 10 minutes' struggle. I spent more time trying to remove the other one, I failed.

Simply pulling out the cable (I am not pull the cable itself of course, I just pulling the connector stem) does not work at all. I have to wiggle around a lot before I am able to remove the MMCX connector from Z1R.

I am not sure it is just my pair of cable or Amber in general. It makes switching cable a daunting task.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #107 of 150
Got the amber and used twice, each for 2 hours. Still too early to comment on the sound quality. However, I need to warn anybody who want to buy Amber for their Sony Z1R, Amber may not be a good choice for the MMCX connector. Today I try to do an A/B test between Amber and stock cable. I have a very hard time to remove one of the cable from Z1R after more than 10 minutes' struggle. I spent more time trying to remove the other one, I failed. Simply pulling out the cable (I am not pull the cable itself of course, I just pulling the connector stem) does not work at all. I have to wiggle around a lot before I am able to remove the MMCX connector from Z1R. I am not sure it is just my pair of cable or Amber in general. It makes switching cable a daunting task.
It can be very hard to remove cables other than the stock cable from Z1R due to the recessed sockets on the iem so it takes care and patience. That was why I got the Blanche in the first place so I never have to remove the cable but can just swap tips

Jul 31, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #108 of 150
Nayparm modded ZX300 with MrWalkman WalkmanOne fw, Tansio Mirai Sands, Dunu Amber, Sedna Crystal tips

8394A319-C726-467A-8E0B-BDCD656B28DC.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #110 of 150
Got the amber and used twice, each for 2 hours. Still too early to comment on the sound quality. However, I need to warn anybody who want to buy Amber for their Sony Z1R, Amber may not be a good choice for the MMCX connector.

Today I try to do an A/B test between Amber and stock cable. I have a very hard time to remove one of the cable from Z1R after more than 10 minutes' struggle. I spent more time trying to remove the other one, I failed.

Simply pulling out the cable (I am not pull the cable itself of course, I just pulling the connector stem) does not work at all. I have to wiggle around a lot before I am able to remove the MMCX connector from Z1R.

I am not sure it is just my pair of cable or Amber in general. It makes switching cable a daunting task.

this is normal, and in most cases the mmcx tends to sit much tighter than the usual 2-pin, so I try not to change the cables on the mmcx headphones, literally have to pull them out with full force to replace the cable.

Jul 31, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #111 of 150
this is normal, and in most cases the mmcx tends to sit much tighter than the usual 2-pin, so I try not to change the cables on the mmcx headphones, literally have to pull them out with full force to replace the cable.
Yes but it is much worse on the Z1R because they use a recessed socket on the iem

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #112 of 150
FYI: Amber is a limited production, and there are only 19 units left out of the 500 made. Grab it before it's gone!

Thanks for your tremendous support of Amber. We did not expect them to sell so fast!

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #113 of 150
FYI: Amber is a limited production, and there are only 19 units left out of the 500 made. Grab it before it's gone!

Thanks for your tremendous support of Amber. We did not expect them to sell so fast!
Thank you, still got a second one on
the way. But 500 where made each termination at all?
Could i may ask, if there are new DC01 in future pipe? I would like to see a dark brown one. 😅

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #114 of 150

Wow! Ok. One of each ordered!

Aug 2, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #116 of 150
Wish it wasn't Q-lock Lite.
I actually prefer the Lite but obviously then cann’t use my Lightning and usb-c tips from the old system

Aug 3, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #117 of 150
Thank you, still got a second one on
the way. But 500 where made each termination at all?
Could i may ask, if there are new DC01 in future pipe? I would like to see a dark brown one. 😅

I believe it was an even 250/250.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on future products at all.

Wow! Ok. One of each ordered!

Thanks!

Wish it wasn't Q-lock Lite.
I actually prefer the Lite but obviously then cann’t use my Lightning and usb-c tips from the old system

We appreciate the feedback y'all :)

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #118 of 150
What about sound impressions with Amber cable?

Looking forward to ear your thoughts guys…
I still need to do A/B test to give more detailed review of SQ. However, in most cases, tips have more impact on SQ than cables.

In my initial impression on my Z1R, Amber is acceptable. Though very likely due to psychological perception than real, I still feel the stock cable is the best in SQ.

Another update for Amber on Z1R is that I bought the MMCX assist tool as a tweezer, and it fails to help. Since there is no gap for Z1R due to its recessed socket, the only way to use the tool is pinch as a tweezer: it perform much worse than my finger.

However, eventually I figured out the right to remove Amber from Z1R. It does not require huge amount of force, but it is much, much tricky to find the right way to remove the Amber than the stock cable.

Aug 5, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #119 of 150
I still need to do A/B test to give more detailed review of SQ. However, in most cases, tips have more impact on SQ than cables.

In my initial impression on my Z1R, Amber is acceptable. Though very likely due to psychological perception than real, I still feel the stock cable is the best in SQ.

Another update for Amber on Z1R is that I bought the MMCX assist tool as a tweezer, and it fails to help. Since there is no gap for Z1R due to its recessed socket, the only way to use the tool is pinch as a tweezer: it perform much worse than my finger.

However, eventually I figured out the right to remove Amber from Z1R. It does not require huge amount of force, but it is much, much tricky to find the right way to remove the Amber than the stock cable.

Thanks for the Impressions :)

Aug 12, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #120 of 150
I went through all pages but couldn't find a lot of feedbacks on this cable. Can owners please share their sound impressions?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back