MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Mar 4, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #136 of 378
Thanks for your advice man! I think I'll go with the M6 Pros over the original though :) I am REALLY liking the better looking build and cables. Though since the original is $20, I might end up getting it anyways! I tried the TTPOD T1Es before (for 4 days until I lost them), and really liked the relatively balanced/L shaped sig (sounded balanced imo). But its dorky fit and weak isolation due to design made me not miss them so much.

As long as the M6 Pros sou d reasonably good, they are a keeper!

Lol I have a similar impression of the t1-e .
IMO the m6 pro are much easier to wear :D

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #137 of 378
Ok, guys, I'm writing you down my final impressions of these M6 Pro (while listening to them playing Lauryn Hill - Doo Woop 
13bPnK2I4Qrpo_lnBjn-PWbhe3dyJpOGc_ea5cYT7UXJ8pBupig1s5hZIr3BPoyKVoyTrlpbLwCsxZXqCua7BkrtIdfWtUnGg56BCszzQmxLgaA=s0-d-e1-ft
)
So, after having them for about a month, listening to them every day, testing them with multiple (about 12 different) eartips and using a variety of sources during this time frame (HTC One M8, iPod Touch 4th Gen, Sandisk Sansa Clip sport, Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX31A), here are my thoughts so far. Oh, one last thing - I've burned them in for 24 hours using pink noise, repeating the process with both cables.

Let's start with the Build quality and appearance: I'd give them 9/10. These look absolutely stunning, they seem to be sturdy and the form factor is pretty much high-end.
I'd also like to mention the box they came in and all the accessories - Simply brilliant, looks great and gives you a feeling you just bought yourself a pair of IEM's that actually costs at least double.

Moving on to the Comfort & Isolation: This is a VERY tricky part. When I say very tricky I mean, these are SUPER tip sensitive and your choice of eartips can pretty much change everything, both the isolation level and the comfort, that will obviously affect the sound. IMO, I found the housing to be a bit too large and that's what makes them fit kinda weird at the beginning. For me, I think all the included eartips are simply worthless, they did not provide a good seal, nor good comfort level. I tried 12 different tips and for me, the Sony Hybrid (Large) worked the best and provided a great fit, good isolation and by far better sound quality as a result. I would rate them in this parameter - 7/10 just because it takes forever to find a good fit and seal, however, once you do, it's great!!

Now, to the best part, Sound quality: I hear a lot of people saying these are balanced or somehow neutral sounding. Well, I have to disagree. I think the treble and the highs on these are too emphasized and can sometimes get too harsh. The bass is nice and well extended, not overwhelming or bleeding. Mid range is great with clear vocals, overall sound stage is wide with clear notes and great instrument separation. I think these excel on Electronic, R&B or Indie music, at least from what I hear. Now, when I said the M6 Pro are source sensitive, I found them to be producing a totally different sound signature when using different sources. In my opinion, these actually don't like overpowering sources like the One M8 that has an internal amp or the laptop, they sound best when connected to the iPod touch or the Sansa Clip, funny. All in all, I would say they sound great, the burn-in process is crucial to reduce some of the harshness of the treble (it definitely worked for me!) and once they're all burned in and you get the right fit, they produce a very "head shaking" and fun sound signature, great for working our, etc.
I would rate the sound 8/10.

In conclusion, the Meelectronics M6 Pro are a great buy whether you are an artist on the go, someone who appreciates good sound while working out or on your daily commute.
They have decent value for money. I say it's decent since the competition is crazy on the $50 price range and I'm not so sure if the price tag fits them or not. In any case, this is by all means a fair price for what you get.

Hope this helps some of you folks considering purchasing the M6 Pro.

Oh yeah, I know my English is so-so, I'm not a native English speaker so, ya know..

Cheers,

Nimz.

Mar 7, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #138 of 378
Thank you for the review! The fact that you said it sounds better out of a Sansa Clip, is great for EDM, and has good overall sound is awesome!

I can understand why you gave it a 7/10 for the fit, since you had issues previously in the thread. Other people said the fit was better than the se215s, hopefully it is like that!

Can't wait for these to arrive

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #139 of 378
  Thank you for the review! The fact that you said it sounds better out of a Sansa Clip, is great for EDM, and has good overall sound is awesome!

I can understand why you gave it a 7/10 for the fit, since you had issues previously in the thread. Other people said the fit was better than the se215s, hopefully it is like that!

Can't wait for these to arrive

Yeah, the reason I gave em' 7/10 for the fit is only because it took a pretty long time to get a great fit, but one it's there, it's wonderful!

Share your thoughts once you get yours :)

Mar 8, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #140 of 378
Ahh, I gotcha!

And I will, for sure! Should have it in 3 days or so :)

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #141 of 378
Opinion on M6 Pros:

NOTE: This is with no burn in, which basically makes this opinion useless atm. Oh well

Fit: Fiddly at first, not quite as easy as fitting shure SE215s. Once you get them in though, you are set. Also, these are the first earphones that feel like they disappear in your ear for me, and I have had the westons W3s and the 215s. These are so tiny and light that it makes them feel absent. This is kind of disconcerting for me, since I always feel like it isn't in my ear when it definitely is. Personal quibble though, fit is definitely great!

Comfort: very comfortable. Definitely possible to sleep in, but memory wire is slightly uncomfortable when compressed between ear and head. Its kind of like sleeping with glasses on in that sense.

Looks: Very unique. Kind of wish they came in black, but they are definitely fine.

Sound: NO BURN IN
Highs are very pronounced, bass is a bit on the weak side. Overall, somewhat of a dull signature IMO. But this means nothing since burn in is not present. Ill let these go for a good day or two, then I will post more sound impressions.

I know dynamic drivers need time, so currently this earphone is a solid 5/5. Build is great, eartip selection is excellent (Used large sony hybrids with mine), isolation is good (relatively shallow fit I think, compared to w3s)

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #142 of 378
Opinion on M6 Pros:

NOTE: This is with no burn in, which basically makes this opinion useless atm. Oh well

Fit: Fiddly at first, not quite as easy as fitting shure SE215s. Once you get them in though, you are set. Also, these are the first earphones that feel like they disappear in your ear for me, and I have had the westons W3s and the 215s. These are so tiny and light that it makes them feel absent. This is kind of disconcerting for me, since I always feel like it isn't in my ear when it definitely is. Personal quibble though, fit is definitely great!

Comfort: very comfortable. Definitely possible to sleep in, but memory wire is slightly uncomfortable when compressed between ear and head. Its kind of like sleeping with glasses on in that sense.

Looks: Very unique. Kind of wish they came in black, but they are definitely fine.

Sound: NO BURN IN
Highs are very pronounced, bass is a bit on the weak side. Overall, somewhat of a dull signature IMO. But this means nothing since burn in is not present. Ill let these go for a good day or two, then I will post more sound impressions.

I know dynamic drivers need time, so currently this earphone is a solid 5/5. Build is great, eartip selection is excellent (Used large sony hybrids with mine), isolation is good (relatively shallow fit I think, compared to w3s)

Also remember to tip swap! I thought the bass was weak at first... then I tried the sony hybrid tips and haven't looked back!

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #143 of 378
Oh I was sure to try as many as possible! I think I have larger ear canals, and only fit the mediums and larges. I couldn't tell which gave me a proper fit tbh, but the large stock tips, the large sony hybrids, and a miscellaneous large pair seemed to fit the best. The complies were very good, but I only tried them once, then put them away, since I don't like the lifespan of foam tips vs. silicone.

Honestly, the stock double flanges felt the best in terms of presence, but the top flange design made it "catch" on my ear on the way out, which wasn't too comfortable.

But yeah, burning them in as we speak! I am not expecting stellar sound, but something better than $30 philips I picked up at CVS

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #144 of 378
Just bought them. And yes, they're on the bright side of the spectrum.

I wonder how much burn in they need for the highs to smooth out a bit. I'm hoping to get a significant change, because out of the box, I find the highs to be a little too harsh.

Linkin Park songs (I'll Be Gone, and By Myself for example) sound too trebly for my taste. At least right now (again, no burn in)

Will come back after the burn in! I'll give it like 40 hours.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #145 of 378
  Just bought them. And yes, they're on the bright side of the spectrum.

I wonder how much burn in they need for the highs to smooth out a bit. I'm hoping to get a significant change, because out of the box, I find the highs to be a little too harsh.

Linkin Park songs (I'll Be Gone, and By Myself for example) sound too trebly for my taste. At least right now (again, no burn in)

Will come back after the burn in! I'll give it like 40 hours.

If you're using the silicone tips, and you're anything like me, you probably aren't getting a proper seal with them...  I tend to have little issue getting proper seals with silicone tips, but this IEM, the M6 Pro, is an exception.  Try the foam tips.  It'll give the bass a wider body, but if you aren't used to more balanced bass, my measurements give slight elevation to it, similar to something like the RE-400 in quantity (slightly more), then these will not sound bass heavy.  Depressed midranges (slightly) gives the treble a big presence though.  

That said, the edginess won't go away, the treble does have a slight edge to it...  But you need a good seal.  Start tip rolling.  

For references...  My review: http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/meelectronics-m6-pro.414612/

Measurements...

There is approximately a 10 dB bump in the bass...  Many people feel that a 5 dB bump sounds neutral (in contrast to a 0 dB bump) in accordance to the Olive Welti Curve.  So this isn't that strong of a bump in bass.  It's audible, not that strong.  Edginess probably comes from the 8 kHz dip and possible some of the spikes around the 2 and 5 kHz regions.  

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #146 of 378

If you're using the silicone tips, and you're anything like me, you probably aren't getting a proper seal with them...  I tend to have little issue getting proper seals with silicone tips, but this IEM, the M6 Pro, is an exception.  Try the foam tips.  It'll give the bass a wider body, but if you aren't used to more balanced bass, my measurements give slight elevation to it, similar to something like the RE-400 in quantity (slightly more), then these will not sound bass heavy.  Depressed midranges (slightly) gives the treble a big presence though.  

That said, the edginess won't go away, the treble does have a slight edge to it...  But you need a good seal.  Start tip rolling.  

For references...  My review: http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/meelectronics-m6-pro.414612/

Measurements...

There is approximately a 10 dB bump in the bass...  Many people feel that a 5 dB bump sounds neutral (in contrast to a 0 dB bump) in accordance to the Olive Welti Curve.  So this isn't that strong of a bump in bass.  It's audible, not that strong.  Edginess probably comes from the 8 kHz dip and possible some of the spikes around the 2 and 5 kHz regions.  

Nice chart thanks!

Mar 15, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #147 of 378
Alright, after 30 hours of burn in:

The sound got much much much better in terms of bass response. Out of the box, it sounded tinny and hollow. Now, it really filled out. I am honestly surprised at how much it evened out!! These NEED burn in, that much can be guaranteed. But once it is burned in, you have yourself an AWESOME product. Clearer than the muddy sub-bass lacking se215s, with comparable build quality: Disappears in your ears for the most part as well!

If I absolutely had to pick my least favorite aspect of these IEMS, I would say that the memory wire is a bit finnicky (I have never found any product with memory wire that worked though). But once it's settled, I could wear these for a long time.

MEElectronics really outdid themselves. Best part is, replacement parts can be had for extremely cheap, which is incredibly convenient.

Here is a short comparison for you guys. As reference, I listen to modern electro and classical music, such as Glitch Mob and Two Steps from Hell.

Compared to shure se215s (in case anyone is curious)

Sound:
M6 pro is much clearer, and actually has sub bass. Very enjoyable to listen to. I am not easily impressed usually, but after the burn in, these actually did give me a WOW factor. I almost gave up hope on these right out of the box they sounded so bad. But the change was a complete 180. I am not well versed in advanced sound terminology (Only owned headphones up to westone w3s). But it seems to have good separation and the bass is especially well controlled.
M6 Pro - 9/10
se215 - 6/10

Build:
Only gave the se15s an edge because their cable feels a bit better in the hand, and their memory wire is a bit better. Aside from that, the housings are very similar (slight edge to se215). However, the connection is much much more preferable on the m6 pros. Both are very well made.
M6 Pro - 8/10
se215 - 8.5/10

Comfort:
Very similar here. se215 feels better with the memory wire, although memory wire is annoying anyways. M6 pro's wire is slightly harder, and slightly more uncomfortable. In terms of housings, m6 pro easily is more comfortable after the first few days of adjustment.
M6 Pro - 8/10
se215 - 7.5/10

Isolation:
Shure takes the isolation rating only because it has the amazing shure olive foam inserts. M6 Pro feels like it has a shallower fit somehow. But also, the M6 Pros have a vent port on the eartip holding shaft, which takes away from some of the isolation. Extremely minor though, and at moderate listening volumes in a dead quiet area (2 bars on sansa clip sport), no sound leaks. At 4 bars, it is midly audible in a dead quiet situation. Basically, these with varying volume levels will be able to block out most annoyances.
M6 Pro - 8/10
se215 - 9/10

Miscellaneous notes:
M6 Pro comes with a good amount of accessories and a case large enough to fit a galaxy s5 into (Yes, I tested this). Absolutely NO driver flex either, which means channels are always balanced. Haven't tried the mic or buttons on that cord, I tested all of this with the audio only cord. They also stay in your ear very well, you could run and barely have to adjust anything, if at all.

Overall, these are perfect everyday IEMs. They sound great, fit very nicely, and surpassed my expectations. I appreciate good sound, but I don't like my music dissected and analytical. If you are the same way, these are for you! I haven't found a genre of music that these don't sound great with.

Setup:
Sansa Clip Sport
M6 Pros
Sony Hybrid eartips (Large....apparently I have dumbo ears)

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #149 of 378
  Alright, after 30 hours of burn in:

The sound got much much much better in terms of bass response. Out of the box, it sounded tinny and hollow. Now, it really filled out. I am honestly surprised at how much it evened out!! These NEED burn in, that much can be guaranteed. But once it is burned in, you have yourself an AWESOME product. Clearer than the muddy sub-bass lacking se215s, with comparable build quality: Disappears in your ears for the most part as well!

If I absolutely had to pick my least favorite aspect of these IEMS, I would say that the memory wire is a bit finnicky (I have never found any product with memory wire that worked though). But once it's settled, I could wear these for a long time.

MEElectronics really outdid themselves. Best part is, replacement parts can be had for extremely cheap, which is incredibly convenient.

Here is a short comparison for you guys. As reference, I listen to modern electro and classical music, such as Glitch Mob and Two Steps from Hell.

Compared to shure se215s (in case anyone is curious)

Sound:
M6 pro is much clearer, and actually has sub bass. Very enjoyable to listen to. I am not easily impressed usually, but after the burn in, these actually did give me a WOW factor. I almost gave up hope on these right out of the box they sounded so bad. But the change was a complete 180. I am not well versed in advanced sound terminology (Only owned headphones up to westone w3s). But it seems to have good separation and the bass is especially well controlled.
M6 Pro - 9/10
se215 - 6/10

Build:
Only gave the se15s an edge because their cable feels a bit better in the hand, and their memory wire is a bit better. Aside from that, the housings are very similar (slight edge to se215). However, the connection is much much more preferable on the m6 pros. Both are very well made.
M6 Pro - 8/10
se215 - 8.5/10

Comfort:
Very similar here. se215 feels better with the memory wire, although memory wire is annoying anyways. M6 pro's wire is slightly harder, and slightly more uncomfortable. In terms of housings, m6 pro easily is more comfortable after the first few days of adjustment.
M6 Pro - 8/10
se215 - 7.5/10

Isolation:
Shure takes the isolation rating only because it has the amazing shure olive foam inserts. M6 Pro feels like it has a shallower fit somehow. But also, the M6 Pros have a vent port on the eartip holding shaft, which takes away from some of the isolation. Extremely minor though, and at moderate listening volumes in a dead quiet area (2 bars on sansa clip sport), no sound leaks. At 4 bars, it is midly audible in a dead quiet situation. Basically, these with varying volume levels will be able to block out most annoyances.
M6 Pro - 8/10
se215 - 9/10

Miscellaneous notes:
M6 Pro comes with a good amount of accessories and a case large enough to fit a galaxy s5 into (Yes, I tested this). Absolutely NO driver flex either, which means channels are always balanced. Haven't tried the mic or buttons on that cord, I tested all of this with the audio only cord. They also stay in your ear very well, you could run and barely have to adjust anything, if at all.

Overall, these are perfect everyday IEMs. They sound great, fit very nicely, and surpassed my expectations. I appreciate good sound, but I don't like my music dissected and analytical. If you are the same way, these are for you! I haven't found a genre of music that these don't sound great with.

Setup:
Sansa Clip Sport
M6 Pros
Sony Hybrid eartips (Large....apparently I have dumbo ears)

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Nice write up! I agree with what you said about the memory wire. I wish it was softer like the regular m6...

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #150 of 378
Connectors to the earpiece appear to be a proprietary type, (2mm diameter hand measured) connector. It slides on very easily, snaps in very securely. Doesn't rotate either. Very well designed connector, I must say. It will definitely not come out, unless it gets snagged on a passing car or something.

I am not familiar with every type of audio connector, so this may be a common connector. I only know mmxc, and 2 pin styles as the most common ones. I didn't find any extra information on the website either. :)

@indieman
Thank you very much! This is quite an exciting IEM! A softer memwire cable would be nice, I do agree!
I also found this IEM quite revealing of low quality recordings. I had old files that were 256kbps, and they had short blips due to low quality. Incredible, not even my westone w3s picked that up XD

Very happy with this purchase, I fully recommend this! DEFINITELY needs burn in though, music sounded like it came out of a tin coffee can for the first few hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back