MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Mar 2, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #122 of 378

What is the soundstage like?

Well my dog just chewed the left ear bud so I would say "tastey"

First the right, now the left. Man, you must have really bad luck. Then again, the M6 PRO does have their cool lifetime replacement warranty, which allows you to replace your pair after paying half price. 

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #123 of 378
  First the right, now the left. Man, you must have really bad luck. Then again, the M6 PRO does have their cool lifetime replacement warranty, which allows you to replace your pair after paying half price. 

Tell me about it!!!   I only got to experience the true sound of these for about 5 days before the the little runt got to them.  I'll admit - it ruined my night because I knew I had no earbuds for work the next day. 

I don't like wearing big headphones in the office but today its back to the Bose....

I suspect I'll be the first person to have to warranty mine :frowning2:  I'm pretty deflated on these now though and would rather put $50 into some ATH-IM50's than to warranty them and pay $25.

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #124 of 378

Tell me about it!!!   I only got to experience the true sound of these for about 5 days before the the little runt got to them.  I'll admit - it ruined my night because I knew I had no earbuds for work the next day. 

I don't like wearing big headphones in the office but today its back to the Bose....

I suspect I'll be the first person to have to warranty mine :frowning2:  I'm pretty deflated on these now though and would rather put $50 into some ATH-IM50's than to warranty them and pay $25.

Oh no!
And yes I know what you mean. The m6 pro are good, but there are so many others out there to experience!
When I lost my t1-e iems I was very sad but I couldn't bring myself to buy the exact same thing again so I got something else :D
(I recently found them again BTW :) ).

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #125 of 378

Bad Spot...BAD, dog! Man, if my dog chewed up any of my fav IEMS he'd totally be ridin' on top of the car for good! 
angry_face.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #126 of 378
  Bad Spot...BAD, dog! Man, if my dog chewed up any of my fav IEMS he'd totally be ridin' on top of the car for good! 
angry_face.gif

This little guy is a stray I rescued off the streets of S.F. when I was walking to work one day.  I've had the little scavenger about 9 months now and this is the second pair of IEMS he has killed.

First set was my A151's.

The M6 PRO's were my "replacements".

....  I dunno why he just likes the ear wax I think.  He actually eats the tips and then looses interest.... its kind of endearing.  

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #127 of 378
This little guy is a stray I rescued off the streets of S.F. when I was walking to work one day.  I've had the little scavenger about 9 months now and this is the second pair of IEMS he has killed.

First set was my A151's.

The M6 PRO's were my "replacements".

....  I dunno why he just likes the ear wax I think.  He actually eats the tips and then looses interest.... its kind of endearing.  

He must have a taste for meelecs :wink:

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #128 of 378

The reason I originally got the M6s were because of my hatred for the Shure IEMs. They simply wouldn't fit my ears, and they had no bass. The M6s provide me with both those things. They're much smaller (and fit a lot better), and you don't have to worry about that stupid swivelling that the Shures do (neither M6 model really does this). Also, the bass is much more prominent and punchy than at the Shures (which has a nice non-existent bass). Compared to the Shures, the original M6s knock them out. The M6 PROs beat them to another galaxy. 

This is the exact thing I wanted to hear.

Awesome looks, excellent price, fantastic company, terrific website and serviceability, stellar sound for the price (for modern music according to posts), exemplary build quality with detachable cables as well, and great for EDM while being reasonably balanced? SICK!!

I am kind of hesitant to believe the reviews that say the sound isn't good. I see the exact kind of stuff when reading reviews for $300 headphones and above. Basically, it seems kinda pointless since everything is relative when comparing headphones.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #129 of 378

eek.gif

I'm laughing my arse off right now. Seriously. Saying the M6 Pro is balanced is like saying the M50 sounds balanced. 
biggrin.gif

I'm no professional musician, but I play the piano and am picking up the guitar as of late, and yes, the midrange sounds recessed -- very recessed. Like, oh, I don't know, at least a 3 dB difference relative to the bass and treble.

Also, they sound a lot like the M9 Classic, except slightly leaner in the bass, which is making the treble even harsher than it was. The M9 Classic's sibilance was tolerable, but on the M6 Pro? 

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't actually trying to be a comedian. I actually appreciated some of the aspects of your M9 Classic review (and it was one of the reasons I decided to try them out). They're now in my pocket every single day because they sound very similar to the M6s with a little less bass, and no memory wire to have to worry about when listening to music casually (I have used them on stage as well, and they're fine for that too).

I really don't think most musicians are thinking something like, "oh, that terrible recessed low midrange around 2k is just awful". No! 
tongue_smile.gif
There are very few musicians I know who are that anal retentive over what they hear when they're on stage. As long as the earphones are built wellcomfortable, have an agreeable signature, and have good quality sound, most guys are more than happy. Just because I like a little more bass, that doesn't mean that most musicians prefer that signature, though. MEElectronics hit it out of the park with these, and most musicians who've tried them appear to agree. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #130 of 378

This is the exact thing I wanted to hear.

Awesome looks, excellent price, fantastic company, terrific website and serviceability, stellar sound for the price (for modern music according to posts), exemplary build quality with detachable cables as well, and great for EDM while being reasonably balanced? SICK!!

I am kind of hesitant to believe the reviews that say the sound isn't good. I see the exact kind of stuff when reading reviews for $300 headphones and above. Basically, it seems kinda pointless since everything is relative when comparing headphones.

I definitely haven't changed my opinion since my original impressions. These do have a much more 'balanced' signature than the original M6s, so you may want to check out the M6s if you like more bass. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #135 of 378
I definitely haven't changed my opinion since my original impressions. These do have a much more 'balanced' signature than the original M6s, so you may want to check out the M6s if you like more bass. 

Thanks for your advice man! I think I'll go with the M6 Pros over the original though :) I am REALLY liking the better looking build and cables. Though since the original is $20, I might end up getting it anyways! I tried the TTPOD T1Es before (for 4 days until I lost them), and really liked the relatively balanced/L shaped sig (sounded balanced imo). But its dorky fit and weak isolation due to design made me not miss them so much.

As long as the M6 Pros sou d reasonably good, they are a keeper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back